• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help no longer downloading apps

Morat68

Lurker
______ app could not be downloaded due to an error. (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC: S-5:AEC-0])

That's the message I get when I try to download or update apps. Can anyone please help?

Try clearing data and cache in Play, Downloads, & Download Manager. That usually fixes Play download errors.

Settings | Apps | All | ...

I hope this helps.:)

OK, lets try one more. Clear data and cache in Google Services Framework and see if that sorts it.

How much RAM do you have free currently?
How much free internal storage do you have available?

Cleared data and cache in Google Services Framework and still nothing.

Free Internal Storage is almost 60MB. RAM? Is the what I see under "Running Services?" I got 265MB then.

How about change the lcd densty if that dont work the app u looking for may not be on your network provider . :eek::what:

Are you rooted? If so what ROM and recovery do you have installed?

If not, it would definitely fix the problem.
Here's why:
Rooting allows one to use apps that are designed to add files/scripts to the system files. It allows you to manipulate those files in any manner you choose.
Link2SD is an app that creates a mount script for a partition on the SD card that's created using a custom recovery. It then takes a small portion of the download app and puts it into the dalvik cache (which is on the root of the phone file system), while moving the rest onto the SD card partition. The portion that's in the dalvik cache effectively links the rest of the app that's on the SD partition. This makes the app open quicker, but also saves space on the internal storage.
I have 103 downloaded and installed apps and still have 120MB of internal storage space left. I have never gotten the errors you are now seeing since I have accomplished this ^.

It will void the one year warranty.

Rooting is super easy now days. Installing the recovery and ROM are even easier.

With the ROM and tweaks I have installed this phone is now better than an IPhone 4.

Rooting sounds scary, I can barely figure out how to manage my apps. Thanks for the help guys.

Believe me when i tell ya, if i can do it anyone can! I was scared as hell when i first rooted, the best thing to do is read about it, read some more, then read it again and when you think you got it read it again.

Great place to start http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/453389-optimus-v-all-things-root-guide-updated-03-11-13-a.html Believe me, with the new recoveries and roms you'll be glad you did.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, if you don't understand something, just ask, their are very friendly and knowledgeable people in these forums that love to help.

In fact, last night i thought i bricked my phone, but with the zengarden recovery it's so user friendly i was able to fix my phone in no time and for me that was quite an accomplishment! Believe me, i'm not tech savy at all, still a noob, pretty much!

If you can read and follow directions to a t, you can do this.

This little phone is almost indestructible. Just take your time, read and ask questions. ; )

Back
Top Bottom