• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Screen Lock

Bankswood

Android Expert
I installed ICS. 232 last Friday and have been enjoying it so much I just realized that I dont have the stock screen lock that comes with ICS. I was using ICS. 229

Have I accidentally disabled it? If so how can I enable it?

I use the webtop a lot if that has anything to do with it

TIA

I have done that and tried both slide and pattern locks. After I set the lock it will work one time then go back to no lock.?????

You have your phone set to time out over a long period of time. Also, your setting for the power button to lock the phone is disabled.

IOW, when you power off your phone, it is not locked, b/c of the long lock timeout and b/c the power button is not set to lock the phone. I'm betting hat you're pressing the power button, and as soon as the screen goes off pressing it again to wake it up and it has no lock screen. This is b/c of these settings.

I'm making a Nandroid backup right now so I cannot tell you precisely where each is (IOW, forgive me if this is incorrect), but the power button setting (I think) is in settings --> Developer options. The phone lock time out is under Settings --> Display.

If you set the power button setting, every time you press the power button when the screen it on it will lock the phone.

If you adjust the screen lock timeout, it will lock sooner without you doing anything. IOW, 30 seconds means that 30 seconds after it detects no activity the phone will lock automatically.

HTH

John,

I appreciate your help. I can't find anything about the lock button other than enabling it to terminate a call.

I had this very same issue when I installed .232 and restored system data with TB, ended up having to do a factory data reset to fix it.

I had this very same issue when I installed .232 and restored system data with TB, ended up having to do a factory data reset to fix it.

So I guess I need to TB Backup then do a factory reset then restore my apps and data or are you saying that by restoring the data that causes the problem?

Restoring the system data with TB caused problems for me, I did the FDR and just restored apps and it worked fine.

Same thing happened to my sister in laws Bionic when I installed .232. I had to factory reset her phone. She also had issues with her home button not working. A factory reset fixed both of those issues.

Back
Top Bottom