• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help no signal

Guidas

Lurker
hey guys, new to the forums.

so i just got my incredible s about a week ago and since day 1 i get a no service probably once a day.
to get rid of the probem i just either switch off my phone and on again or as a faster way i turn on airplane mode and switch it off again.

it's really annoying as i know i have missed calls because of this problem.

help please?
should i exchange it?

Go to your phone's dialer, and type in *#*#4636#*#*. Under 'phone information' or 'phone options', scroll down to 'preferred network type', and change it from WCDMA preferred (I assume that's your current setting) to GSM Auto (PRL). You'll still be able to use both 2 and 3G, but in my experience I've found that the phone has fewer signal dropouts, and can re-gain signal much quicker.

Try it out and let us know what happens :)

it could be the phone, but it could also be where you keep your phone when it loses signal.

James

it could be the phone, but it could also be where you keep your phone when it loses signal.

James

i never had any signal problems with any other phone. it's just this one. the phone will say no service and there will be an x where the signal bars are.

it must be the phone

Go to your phone's dialer, and type in *#*#4636#*#*. Under 'phone information' or 'phone options', scroll down to 'preferred network type', and change it from WCDMA preferred (I assume that's your current setting) to GSM Auto (PRL). You'll still be able to use both 2 and 3G, but in my experience I've found that the phone has fewer signal dropouts, and can re-gain signal much quicker.

Try it out and let us know what happens :)

are there any problems with using GSM?

I'm having signal issues too. Switching to GSM Auto (PRL) seems to have improved things slightly, so many thanks for the ti.

As for the foil fix, I tried it and it didn't work. I lost my signal completely and was careful to follow instructions properly.

It's not just this phone, a lot of other HTC devices have the same issue (my old Legend and Hero had it). In other words, it's most likely an Android thing.

looks like changing it to GSM auto have made it worse. i get the problem around 4x a day now when before it was only once a day

I have had this problem where my incredible s has no service and have to switch airplane mode on and off or re-boot to get signal back..
i have since found an app that does this automatically called signal reset, it's not a propper fix by any means but i've had no problems since installing it.

Back
Top Bottom