• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help no signal

Guidas

Lurker
Sep 3, 2011
hey guys, new to the forums.

so i just got my incredible s about a week ago and since day 1 i get a no service probably once a day.
to get rid of the probem i just either switch off my phone and on again or as a faster way i turn on airplane mode and switch it off again.

it's really annoying as i know i have missed calls because of this problem.

help please?
should i exchange it?

Go to your phone's dialer, and type in *#*#4636#*#*. Under 'phone information' or 'phone options', scroll down to 'preferred network type', and change it from WCDMA preferred (I assume that's your current setting) to GSM Auto (PRL). You'll still be able to use both 2 and 3G, but in my experience I've found that the phone has fewer signal dropouts, and can re-gain signal much quicker.

Try it out and let us know what happens :)

Reactions: canadiac
Upvote 0
Go to your phone's dialer, and type in *#*#4636#*#*. Under 'phone information' or 'phone options', scroll down to 'preferred network type', and change it from WCDMA preferred (I assume that's your current setting) to GSM Auto (PRL). You'll still be able to use both 2 and 3G, but in my experience I've found that the phone has fewer signal dropouts, and can re-gain signal much quicker.

Try it out and let us know what happens :)

are there any problems with using GSM?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones