• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No sound from speakers

iTzKPanda

AF's resident panda
So my mom's nexus s 4g from sprint stopped outputting sound from the phone's speakers.
Sound comes out if you put in headphones though.
It's not rooted - it's all stock.
Could anyone help?

So my mom's nexus s 4g from sprint stopped outputting sound from the phone's speakers. Sound comes out if you put in headphones though. It's not rooted - it's all stock. Could anyone help?

Try rebooting phone completely. (Power off....then power on.....)

I get this issue with my phone occasionally. Reboot tends to help.

So my mom's nexus s 4g from sprint stopped outputting sound from the phone's speakers. Sound comes out if you put in headphones though. It's not rooted - it's all stock. Could anyone help?

moved you to the nexus s 4g forum.

i would try a factory reset on the phone and see if that works. if not then you might need to take it in.

Merged duplicate thread.

Has she dropped the phone, or can you hear anything shaking in the speakers as of late? When you plug a set of headphones into the phone, does that allow sound to pass through?

I had a problem with media starting and stopping, and no sound from youtube, although I had sound from ringtones, so I knew the physical speaker worked. After some research, I did a factory reset. No luck. I uninstalled all apps. No luck. So I did a 5 minute battery pull. No luck. Finally, I did an overnight battery pull = remove battery for 8 hours. Woke up, and assembled the battery to phone. My homescreen had 2 old icons that were right on right before I deleted the apps the night before. Maybe there is a buffer stack overflow in the droid deletion routine? (question for the devs). And so to continue, I started up my tunein radio and the sound and program work perfectly! Long story short, just try taking the battery out for 8 hours to fix your phone! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom