• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NoBrainer root+optimization

notaguru

Android Enthusiast
Apr 22, 2010
S Cal
I came from a rooted Eris, then Incredible with several ROMs, so had a little experience when switching to the DroidX. Here's my take on it as a DroidRookie.

Pete's is by far the simplest and easiest root, with the simplest and easiest explanation - it's a truly brilliant piece of work. Don't study, don't get paranoid, ignore explanations, just look for psouza and motorola and root. If you find a link with complicated instructions, you're in the wrong place.

Once rooted, the newbie should add Titanium Pro followed by a freeze of crapware, then a root-only adblocker, Quickboot, ScreenOff FX, Zmooth Pro, Juice Defender, and then whatever suits, concluded by a nandroid (look it up) and a Titanium Pro backup (a little study but worth it). I happen to use LauncherPro plus, and back up my Home page as well. Note that I use the original ROM.

Cell-Nirvana... stable, flexible, clean, great battery life.

I didn't find a guide sufficiently simple for rookies like me, so...

Reactions: vandamme

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones