• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just got a Droid X2 - my first Android phone

I'm trying to get rid of the pre-installed bloatware. I've read every thread in this forum. I enabled USB debugging and installed Gingerbreak 1.2. I ran Gingerbreak, and the Superuser app appeared after my phone restarted. I then downloaded the paid versions of root explorer and titanium backup ... however neither one seems to have the permissions to alter files. The files are still marked as "read-only". Titanium backup says that it can't acquire root privileges. Root Explorer gives me the "read-only" error when I try to rename the Blockbuster app.

Right now, when I open Superuser it says that GingerBreak and Root Explorer both have Superuser privileges. I can allow or deny privileges to these two programs which are on the list (currently allowed), but I don't know how to add additional programs.

Any help would be appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones