• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root NOOB - ROOTED and question about the OTA

JSS12

Android Enthusiast
Hey all,

So I am rooted, with stock everything (just rooted for a SetCPU and a few other apps). I am currently very happy with how my phone is running and want to keep it this way.
However, I think it would be wise to install the OTA because I think there is more on the update than just the VCast BS..

So... what are the exact steps I have to take to install the OTA and yet keep my phone as is?

If there are any detailed guides for dummies out there on how to, backup, restore, unroot, re-root or whatever terms you guys throw at me bc otherwise I may screw this all up... (it was a very detailed guide that allowed me to root in the first place)


THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!


Recap: Idiot proof way for me to install the OTA and revert to my exact current setup... thanks!
 
3 ppl with same question and no answers??


Also, the update came to my phone yesterday, and I clicked install now.. but nothing happened. Does that mean I missed it and its gone for ever?
 
thanks for the guide... but I have a mac...

and that seems fairly complicated... was much easier to root...

there is no way just to add the OTA.zip directly without all that fuss?
 
Back
Top Bottom