• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Noob To Tom Creation

ChoznJuan

I want to learn about creating custom roms & was wondering are you guys using the UOT Kitchen or is there another tool I will need.

Thanks. Any advice on how to get started? Tools I would need, books/forums I should read...My goal is to learn about rom creating so I can help port cyanogen to the STU. I was running it on my last phone (an HTC Vogue) so to not be able to put it on this awesome phone is tragic (tragic may be to dramatic in this case but you get the point)

Well first off you need to grab a linux distro ubuntu would probably be the easiest since most of the guides ive seen are for that distro. I run the newest version in vmware player inside of windows 7 fast and easy way to do it just as a heads up. Here are a couple of links that should get you started :)

https://github.com/interdpth/TransformUltra-CM/blob/master/ToDoAndHowTo/HowToSetupCM

http://androidforums.com/triumph-al...ild-cyanogenmod7-source-development-area.html

xda-developers - View Single Post - [GUIDE] Lazyman's installation guide to ADB on Ubuntu 10.10 - Now with Ubuntu 11.10 !

When you get to updating the android sdk make sure to go to do this I had problems with the downloads getting stuck "go in settings options and place a check in "force https:// ... sources to be fetched using http://..."
restart application.

Speaking of which I have a very nice ICS themed version of star-scrom which I will be releasing soon just putting a few finishing touches on it :)

Now this makes me wanna flash star scrROM even more. Too bad I can't :/

Thanks for the input. I'll keep that in mind. I was using the $hevRoN rom. I was ICS themed.

Yes but im talking stock feel ;)

If i knew about phones and rom creation i would deffinately create a theme myself but thats way too complicated for me.

Yes but im talking stock feek ;)

If i knew about phones and rom creation i would deffinately create a theme myself but thats way too complicated for me.

All I know right now is how to flash a rom & how to unzip a .tar file. Everything else I'll be learning as I go, so please don't expect miracles. :o

if your looking for just the ICS effect\theme......you can use adw or go launcher with stock...both launchers have ICS themes...right now im running stock GB with adw ex and ICS theme

I made a quick ics theme for status bar and other things. adw is the best for launcher and with ics by kodev makes it look better

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=3933789

@choznjuan just the fact that your trying is good enough :)
if your looking for just the ICS effect\theme......you can use adw or go launcher with stock...both launchers have ICS themes...right now im running stock GB with adw ex and ICS theme

Yea im using go launcher ics theme but thats just not enough for me :( lol

Now this makes me wanna flash star scrROM even more. Too bad I can't.

Why can't you flash StarScrom? I'm loving it. I'm running it now. I've borrowed some of Chevron 's work (CRT Animation) :thumbup: (thanks) now I'm enjoying it even more.

@choznjuan just the fact that your trying is good enough :)

Yea im using go launcher ics theme but thats just not enough for me :( lol

lol okay bro...why not just cook up some options with uot....change your icons ...noti. bar...colors that you may want...then apply the ICS theme for ADW afterwords...just try and keep the ICS blue colors incorperated in your uot zip..that way when you apply your ICS adw theme everything will match

Why can't you flash StarScrom? I'm loving it. I'm running it now. I've borrowed some of Chevron 's work (CRT Animation) :thumbup: (thanks) now I'm enjoying it even more.

Here's the exact quote:
Keeps giving me an error about "zergrush" missing on the Sprint version.

@Johnny yes but i dont know much about all this stuff lol thats why i was just suggesting if someone could make it. Its not request just a suggestion ;)

Ill be releasing my ics version of star scrom either later tonight or tomorrow just a heads up :) I think everyone will really like the look of it.

Here's the exact quote:

@Johnny yes but i dont know much about all this stuff lol thats why i was just suggesting if someone could make it. Its not request just a suggestion ;)

Truthfully uot is easy bro...my five year old could make a theme with it :D..there home page will walk you through exactly how to do it step by step..pretty cut and dry...thats seems what most people like to use to create themes...its pretty nice but the only down side is your options arent vast..gotta deal with what they have to offer...which is deff. better then stock ..pretty sweet tool..im going to be making some themes for the TU..atleast one for stock and one for $hevron Rom..started working on $hevron theme but i been so tied up at work i havent had time to do anything..plus im trying to use apktool and photoshop instead of uot

http://uot.dakra.lt/.....check it out

Truthfully uot is easy bro...my five year old could make a theme with it :D..there home page will walk you through exactly how to do it step by step..pretty cut and dry...thats seems what most people like to use to create themes...its pretty nice but the only down side is your options arent vast..gotta deal with what they have to offer...which is deff. better then stock ..pretty sweet tool..im going to be making some themes for the TU..atleast one for stock and one for $hevron Rom..started working on $hevron theme but i been so tied up at work i havent had time to do anything..plus im trying to use apktool and photoshop instead of uot

UOT Kitchen it out

oohhh i had thought that "uot" was a typo. I didn't know it was a program.

oohhh i had thought that "uot" was a typo. I didn't know it was a program.

It's a website to create themes. I made one for the tu, it's called ics theme. Before sending things to the Kitchen upload the framework-res and systemUI from your phone. Using root explorer or a app similar you can extract them and email them to yourself or send via bluetooth to a computer. It will make it better compatible with your own phone

It's a website to create themes. I made one for the tu, it's called ics theme. Before sending things to the Kitchen upload the framework-res and systemUI from your phone. Using root explorer or a app similar you can extract them and email them to yourself or send via bluetooth to a computer. It will make it better compatible with your own phone

yeah a while back i just made a folder on my desktop..droped the systemUI.apk and the framework-res.apk in it...then whenever your making a theme with uot..the only two files youll need will be right there on the desktop..that should save you some time..pretty quick that way

Okay guys...instead of trying to jump into CM7 (looked at it...INTIMIDATED). i decided to try to edit the rom I'm already using to add some functionality I wanted...I'm trying to edit Interdpth's Star_ScROM...I've successfully added the crt animation...I now want to add a reboot option to the power off menu. I've been looking at a guide over at xda ([HOW TO][Gingerbread] Adding Reboot option to Power Menu - xda-developers) but I'm stuck at step # 3. Any advise?

Back
Top Bottom