• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not all SD card pictures appear when connected to PC

Pipboy

Lurker
Sep 4, 2018
I have well over 3000 pictures on my ZTE Zmax Pro's microSD card. I normally back it up to my PC every couple months.
Today when I connect to the computer, not all folders show, and the main picture folder that contains 2400 pics from my camera only shows roughly 500 of them on PC. It's like the rest just don't exist.
Yet when I use my phone and check the folder, they are there just fine.

This is frustrating and I've been researching and trying different ideas to no avail. I desperately want to back these photos up. I do have Google photos backup, but I would rather transfer for double assurance.

So far I've:

Followed a tip adjusting the settings on my PC to display hidden folders using file explorer. This did nothing.

Cleared the cache for my phone's storage. Which did nothing.

Took my microSD card out, put it into the adapter, and plugged it into the laptop. But for some reason it would not detect. (SD card issue, or PC card reader issue?)

If it matters, the microSD card is almost completely full. (29 GB of 30 used).

Any ideas on what I can do to make this work?

I have well over 3000 pictures on my ZTE Zmax Pro's microSD card. I normally back it up to my PC every couple months.
Today when I connect to the computer, not all folders show, and the main picture folder that contains 2400 pics from my camera only shows roughly 500 of them on PC. It's like the rest just don't exist.
Yet when I use my phone and check the folder, they are there just fine.

This is frustrating and I've been researching and trying different ideas to no avail. I desperately want to back these photos up. I do have Google photos backup, but I would rather transfer for double assurance.

So far I've:

Followed a tip adjusting the settings on my PC to display hidden folders using file explorer. This did nothing.

Cleared the cache for my phone's storage. Which did nothing.

Took my microSD card out, put it into the adapter, and plugged it into the laptop. But for some reason it would not detect. (SD card issue, or PC card reader issue?)

If it matters, the microSD card is almost completely full. (29 GB of 30 used).

Any ideas on what I can do to make this work?

Is the card set as internal in the phone? If it is that's why your PC couldn't see it in your card reader. Usually when my phone does something like this I have to disconnect from my PC, restart the phone,and then reconnect it to my PC to get things to show up.

Reactions: Pipboy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones