• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not registered on network, emergency calls only

olegich84

Lurker
Hi all
Suddenly during a call the connection dropped and i was unable to make calls anymore. When i tried to go to mobile network setting i got "insert sim" error. I tried factory reset, but no luck. Then i discovered that baseband version was unknown and my IMEI was null, out of nowhere, no failed flashing attempts and no nothing, just happened in the middle of the call. I still can gave reception but it says "emergency calls only".
Later i tried flashing different roms with different android versions, sometimes i got null imei and sometimes a fake 04999 one. Also once after some forums browsing i deleted the EFS folder which changed imei from null to 04999 and baseband from unknown to a normal value.
Latest trick that i did is using IMEI Changer app which is available on Omega rom. The IMEI did change, but the problem did not go. Also tried different SIM, of course.
Have been to Orange repair service and they said that the phone is total loss, which i think they decided because it was rooted and Knox warranty voided. Another repair shop said that they tried several tools, one of them was Octopus box, and they failed to fix the problem.

Dear people, what should i do? Please help me, i dont wanna give up on this, because the phone works perfectly except the problem.

Current Android 5.0.1 stock

Back
Top Bottom