• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Not too sure

thayerduh

Lurker
Hi AF, I've had my account for a while but most of the time I have been lurking around here. I had a OV for about two years now, with several replacement phones as well as batteries. I realized that there might have been something a little off with my battery because even if i used data/wifi I would see a good chunk come out of the battery bar in the status bar. I settled on quattrimus , but I still saw battery life issues and constant bugs.

I really wanted to go back to ginger bread, so I flashed MiRaGe rom not to long ago after reading how awesome it is. And its one of the best roms that I have used. :)

But still , I don't know, , maybe I must be paranoid or something when it comes to my battery life but is there anything that I should be doing/do to better maximize the life of my battery ?

Turn everything off. Even Auto sync. Turn screen brightness down as low as you can stand. Don't use Juice Defender or apps like it.
Get four apps from the PlayStore.

Periodic Auto Sync- Set to every hour, on up to 4 hours depending on your needs. Set to 1 minute duration.
I just need it to sync added contacts to Gmail and an app or two so I chose once every 4 hours.

Notification Power Widget- Adds more system control toggles to pulldown.

Fast Reboot-Safely closes all apps then turns back on only those needed.

LBE Privacy Guard-Check to not allow any app to have phone ID. Then all other permissions on a prompt basis.
This keeps apps from draining battery by keeping them from "calling home", sort of speak, which saves battery juice.
Note: In LBE go to settings and turn Active Protection on to allow ^ functions.

Don't set the CPU min above 480MHz.
The best battery off charge times are right around 480MHz min/768MHz Max with the interactive governor.

All these things will help keep the juice in the battery longer and still allow full functionality of apps on a per use basis.

Hi AF, I've had my account for a while but most of the time I have been lurking around here. I had a OV for about two years now, with several replacement phones as well as batteries. I realized that there might have been something a little off with my battery because even if i used data/wifi I would see a good chunk come out of the battery bar in the status bar. I settled on quattrimus , but I still saw battery life issues and constant bugs.

I really wanted to go back to ginger bread, so I flashed MiRaGe rom not to long ago after reading how awesome it is. And its one of the best roms that I have used. :)

But still , I don't know, , maybe I must be paranoid or something when it comes to my battery life but is there anything that I should be doing/do to better maximize the life of my battery ?
You'd be amazed how much a rogue app that wants to sync constantly will eat up power, email apps are notorious for this...are you sure that's not the problem? When power is dropping quickly it's easy enough to check what app is using up battery power. You can check by going into settings>about phone>battery use.

Also, if most of the time your phone has only a bar or 2 of signal that will chew up power as well; the phone has to juice up the transmitter to stay in contact with the cell which of course uses up the battery faster.

Next, use data only when you need too. I'll turn off data when I need to have maximum battery life, but still want to get text & calls. Easy enough to flip data on, check emails and stuff, then turn it off again.

Lastly, for ultimate battery life where I need to have my phone ready to go like at the end of the day after a long hike or something I'll go in and out of airplane mode. Of course you can't receive calls or text messages, but if it's important enough they'll leave a voice mail. Put your phone in airplane mode in the morning and you should pretty much have near full battery life by the end of the day when you leave airplane mode.

Back
Top Bottom