• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 2 to xperia Z

abevuk

Hi guys,

Two faulty notes in a row so am now the proud owner of the Z....

Could someone please tell me how to close apps and clear ram, also I've heard the battery is shocking, I only picked my handset up this evening but so far battery seems great.

Andy.

I am thinking to move from my current note 2 to xperia z but the only thing stopping me is the battery! What do you think?

Xperia Z comes with an in-built Stamina mode that more than doubles the stand-by life time of the battery. I've had mine for 2 weeks and find battery life on this vivid 5 inch phone acceptable i.e full charge every 2.5 days of light use: about 5 short calls, downloading a few(~5) updates and light camera use (~5 pictures).

if you're a light user then the poor battery life on the XZ may still suffice for you, in which case it becomes a more appealing proposition. As an user of the XZ as my daily phone for nearly a month now all I can say that it is a huge relief to go back to my Note 2 on the odd day, and battery is a huge part of that. If you don't need the waterproofing the XZ is the worst Android flagship this year, that said it will suffice for many and they may be happy with it.

I believe in facts. So there is no need to compare galaxy with Xperia Z. In terms of price, specification, full HD display I would like to choose Xperia Z smartphone.

Could someone please tell me how to close apps and clear ram, also I've heard the battery is shocking, I only picked my handset up this evening but so far battery seems great.

Andy.

Install a great app : all in one tooXbox from play store. 'quick boost' has your apps cleared and releases a lot of RAM. The toolbox can also clear cache and useless history. My friend cleared 3GB of trash and cache in his Xperia P! Hope this helps ;)
And I bet you've already checked this out. Clicking the right button of the bar below brings up the 'close apps' menu. There's also widgets below to help you. There's a notes app and lets you jot down stuff while browsing the net. I even used the walkman small apps to change songs while playing temple run 2! The battery is good. No doubt about that.

'quick boost' has your apps cleared and releases a lot of RAM.

Did you miss post #2 immediately after the OP? "Releasing" RAM is pointless and counter-productive with Android - the OS will simply reuse it for other processes immediately.

Btw, Android 4.x allows apps to be 'swiped' out of the recently-used list if they're no longer required.

The toolbox can also clear cache and useless history.

There's a trade-off; wiping cache files may recover space but will increase data use as previously-cached stuff now has to be redownloaded.

Back
Top Bottom