• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notification shade inoperable during a call?

Roaddog

I seem to remember that on my previous Eris you could actually pull the notification shade down while in a call. Could be that I'm misremembering...

I ask because it's happened a few times that I'll be talking on the phone, get a text or an email and go to pull the shade down so I can swipe it away, and the shade doesn't work. The only way to address the message/email while I'm on the call is to hit the back button (not hanging up,) and navigate to the relevant app itself, or use the previous app button on the bottom right and hope I'd opened it earlier in the day sometime.

Minor gripe, but one that I wanted to see if anyone else could weigh in on...

Yes, I noticed that today actually. Kind of annoying but happens so rarely that I guess I don't care. Not sure if its a bug or intentional, though I can't think of a reason to disable the notification bar in phone mode. Maybe submit a bug report....

I just hit the Home button and then open the notification bar.

edit: nevermind, I just tested it and I'm wrong; the functionality is different on this phone than on my previous phone(s) ;)

custom ROMs have an option in the phone settings to allow this. so maybe stock does too.

go to the dialer, hit menu>settings>enable status bar

this is on AOKP with the T9 dialer mod, so it is entirely possible stock does not have this option. worth a shot though.

p.s. you should unlock>root>ROM :)

You can always hit home from the call screen. I don't believe I could ever use the notification bar on either my Droid or the Rezound but home always got me what I wanted.

custom ROMs have an option in the phone settings to allow this. so maybe stock does too.

go to the dialer, hit menu>settings>enable status bar

this is on AOKP with the T9 dialer mod, so it is entirely possible stock does not have this option. worth a shot though.

p.s. you should unlock>root>ROM :)

No dice on stock. Not a huge deal, more of a minor annoyance. I'll root and rom eventually, when I start getting bored or want something that a rom can offer me that stock doesnt, but so far I'm content with vanilla ICS. If, for example, we dont have an update to 4.04 or 4.05 by the end of next month then i may change my mind.

Back
Top Bottom