• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Notifications Problems

I no longer get notifications for apps like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat. I have to open the app to see if someone has connected with me. Note: notifications are fully turned on within those apps.
Yet apps like Textra SMS, and the stock S3 email client work fine and provide popups and a notification bar notifications.

My north american S3 is rooted, and yes I did delete some bloatware with Titanium. So that is most probably the answer. But does anyone know what I deleted specifically? I thought I was careful and picked from a master list of things safe to remove.

Oh I also can no longer go to the PlayStore on my computer and install apps remotely.

Any input would be great! Thanks.

Overall, it sounds like you are having system issues (some apps are having issues only and you are having Play Store issues), but I can't speak to anything that technical.

Check Settings > Apps and see if you somehow had the apps in question get their "allow notifications" at the top toggled off.

Reinstall? Do you have the most current versions? Snapchat and Instagram both had updates this week. You said you can't go to Play Store from your computer, so I assume you can from your phone.

Upvote 0
Went into Settings>App Manager>Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat and all had the check mark to allow notifications.
I've tried reinstalling each app, and all are up-to-date. I've had these problems for a few months and over various update releases.
I can access PlayStore from my laptop (or wherever) and am logged into my Google account, but I can't remotely install apps from my laptop/work computer, it needs to be done directly from my phone.

thanks for the suggestions!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones