• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Now "Two Days" of ownership. Very impressed so far. Except!

SHIVA77

Android Enthusiast
I picked mine up at about 10:00 this morning and have been setting it up. It's about twice as fast as my Galaxy Nexus. The screen is pretty amazing and the size just feels natural, doesn't seem that big. Now my Galaxy Nexus seems diminutive in comparison.
Samsung_Galaxy_NoteII.jpg

The Bluetooth sound quality is only slightly better than my Gnex. Go figure!!! But overall loving it so far.

Also the Google search bar is now removable and also can be configured with both clear and opaque background.

Scroll down for new comments.

two questions:

1) How do you change the apps that show up in the locked window?

2) When I connect the device to my computer it doesn't show it connected. This is weird because as soon as I connected my GNex it popped up on my desktop. Any ideas? Thanks,

1. Settings -> Lock Screen -> Lock Screen Options
2. When plugged in pull down notification bar, and select the USB options, and alternate the two. Give it a minute to install drivers. It may fail, but should still open at least as camera.

1. Settings -> Lock Screen -> Lock Screen Options
2. When plugged in pull down notification bar, and select the USB options, and alternate the two. Give it a minute to install drivers. It may fail, but should still open at least as camera.

I feel dumb, but there are no USB options on that drop down screen that I can see...

two questions:

1) How do you change the apps that show up in the locked window?

2) When I connect the device to my computer it doesn't show it connected. This is weird because as soon as I connected my GNex it popped up on my desktop. Any ideas? Thanks,

Looks like Phases got your first answer... And if you are not running Android 4.2 there are no ways to get apps on your lockscreen, other than downloading a Locker app, like WidgetLocker

If you have not installed the USB drivers the device will not show up on your computer.

I got mine delievered to my house from monday night so it arrived yesterday morning but I was at work so I didn't get it out till at 8pm and now waiting for my number to get moved over as I cant text or phone yet....
So far I love this phone

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

My only gripe thus far is the fact the Touchwiz calendar widget 4x4 on the S3 is no longer available on this phone. I am very disappointed. A thread was started above as well. Any ideas or similar apps on the play store???

Should install itself on Win 7, etc.

It should work out of the box, but honestly I'm not sure.

I know it should. I am on windows 7. but when I connect the USB, it makes a sound to acknowledge and then starts to charge but there is no indication on my desktop.

Nevermind, I... would like to admit that I am a moron. I have it plugged into the outlet instead of my PC. Please, try not to laugh too hard. I didn't sleep last night! I'll come up with more excuses after I take a nap. :P

Nevermind, I... would like to admit that I am a moron. I have it plugged into the outlet instead of my PC. Please, try not to laugh too hard. I didn't sleep last night! I'll come up with more excuses after I take a nap. :P

Read through the entire thread to come to this last post of yours...made my day! Got get some rest and get back to the Note 2 when you're not running on adrenaline only!...LOL. I was the same way and did some boneheaded things after first getting my Sprint version a couple weeks ago. Even wrapping my head around the differences between the Sprint and International versions was a little odd.

OK. got it fixed. belive it or not the problem was that I was using my Gnex USB cable. As soon as I started using the Note II cable, it worked.

OK. got it fixed. belive it or not the problem was that I was using my Gnex USB cable. As soon as I started using the Note II cable, it worked.

I have a feeling that's a problem people are having in the phone not being identified as a storage device.

OK. But the Note II is pretty insane. Really takes the experience to who a new level. The screen size is cool and it just takes a couple of hours to get used to it. I was walking on the street during rush hour talking on the phone, with the headset to my ear. Didn't get any unusual looks.

...........................................................*snickers*........LMAO!!!!! I tried to exit without laughing. :D

I basically played with the new Note 2 all day and well into the night to try to learn all the cool new features. This thing is loaded with new options, some due to Spen.

Check out this 41min video (make the time, it's worth it) and have the guy go through almost every option on the phone. I found it very useful as I haven't read the users manual yet... :)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Review inc Camera, S-pen, Settings & Jelly Bean Androidizen - YouTube

And this one covers all the special, advanced features, specially Spen tricks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv22cvqis3A

Back
Top Bottom