• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Now, we know why Sprint took so long to release the 2.1 update

I try to help with 2.1 issues that I have had because I have been running it longer than most who just got the update, not because I think I'm cool because I have a rooted phone. I would have to say the same for most rooted users who post info in the non root section of the forums. I don't think I'm cool because I rooted, almost anyone can use the auto rooter and have root in about a minute ( if they're running 1.5)

Upvote 0
I look at it this way, many rooted users tell us it's so easy "a caveman could do it"

did they storm out of the thread yet....;)

LOL I am a construction worker, bought my first pc dec 28th 2009, and have no college education. Couldn't be ANY closer to a caveman, and I rooted my phone:D

Oh, and I'm stubborn, so you're not gonna get rid of me that easy....

Upvote 0
I too am sick of the "root root rom rom custom custom" answers. The worst is when you ask a question, and their response is "I don't know the answer to your question because I am running a custom ROM, and don't experience that issue".

Sorry you may feel that way, but there is a ring of truth to it.
I've been rooted and running with the 2.1 OS for months with no issues at all because most every problem people using the stock 2.1 are mentioning are long since, unofficially, fixed.
Many bugs were addressed and fixed long before anyone even knew about them, so it's not surprising that someone would offer an answer of "I don't know because I never experienced that."

It's too bad that there are many users unhappy with the software that HTC has given them. I'll never understand why HTC wouldn't work closer with the devs at XDA. It's an open device and open software. If someone outside of the company, UNPAID, can help fix issues and provide valuable insight, why not take advantage of it?

HTC would have been much better off taking the huge amount of bug fixes that have long been resolved in the various custom ROMs and rolling them into the official release.

Upvote 0
Speaking of tacos, have you had one of those fish tacos? Ive always been a bit afraid of those things but I hear they're really tasty. I would think it would remind me of a date gone wrong. Fish in a taco...never a good combination.

Fish tacos are awesome. Use corn tortillas, cooked and crumbled fresh white fish or talapia with a bit of blackened seasoning, pico de giallo, and make a mayonaise / chipotle sauce. Squeeze of lime and a couple of cilantro leaves - delish.

Upvote 0
Fish tacos are awesome. Use corn tortillas, cooked and crumbled fresh white fish or talapia with a bit of blackened seasoning, pico de giallo, and make a mayonaise / chipotle sauce. Squeeze of lime and a couple of cilantro leaves - delish.

wow.. that is your first post. :)
welcome to the forum.

to celebrate.. lunch at your place.. for fish tacos.... :p
and to discuss android dis-agreements. :rolleyes: (to keep this on topic) lol

Upvote 0
I'm a Software Engineer, would understands all the possible thing that could go wrong (bugs n what not). I read up on rooting and understood it back when you had to get a ADB command line to root (I also dabble in Android development).

In all my wisdom decided to let Sprint figure out the quirks and suffered with 1.5 all this time.

...Bunch of idiots ...I too will be rooting as soon as someone figures out how to do it on Sprint's 2.1 (I'm too lazy to figure that crap out)

*long annoyed sigh*

EDIT:
I made this post for the thankses ...wanted to see if i get more than the other ppl bitching about the existence of this thread - that they are reading (go figure on that one - seems a pretty optional read to me) so gimme points ppl (cause I want them, not cause I told you to)!

Reactions: jsage and dan330
Upvote 0
*long annoyed sigh*

EDIT:
I made this post for the thankses ...wanted to see if i get more than the other ppl bitching about the existence of this thread - that they are reading (go figure on that one - seems a pretty optional read to me) so gimme points ppl (cause I want them, not cause I told you to)!

happy???
:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones