• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I've been reading over and over about the two boxes HTC had at their booth and how they put EVOs in both of them. Now think about this for a minute. HTC starts the conference knowing it has 2 phones to announce, one on the first day and one on either the first or second depending on the carrier's decision. HTC sets their booth up with 2 boxes so they can display both new phones at some point together and marks them no peeking because they have nothing to put in either one. Now day one comes and Sprint announces the EVO and Verizon decides to wait until day 2. Rather than leave a box still marked no peeking HTC just puts an EVO in both. It doesn't make sense that the plan is to keep 2 boxes both containing EVOs. Now tomorrow comes and Verizon/HTC announce the Incredible and swap out the EVO in one box with the now known Incredible.

In short it just doesn't make sense to purposely plan to put 2 EVOs in to boxes as it is redundant. It makes much more sense that this was just a contingency plan for Verizon delaying the announcement.

I really hate to say it, but I think you're giving VZW too much credit.

Upvote 0
How many people know for a fact that Verizon's network is really that much more superior? I mean how many have used all the other networks to know that Verizon is just so much better that there is no other possible choice? I can tell you for fact that Verizon claims coverage where they do not have it. Verizon is great at tell us how much better their network is. So much so that we seem to believe there is no other network to choose.

Oh and when you look on Verizon's site at their comparision of 3G networks guess who is #2? That's right Sprint and they do cover a lot of the major population centers around the country. Coverage Locator - Verizon Wireless. That doesn't take into account that some of that for Sprint is providing 4G too. So I pose that if Verizon themselves are saying that Sprint is #2 in coverage and there are parts of Verizon's maps that aren't really covered like they claim how far off are they really?

It's ultimately each person's choice but my opinion is that I'm not buying all the marketing hype Verizon puts into it's network supremacy. Sure it's better but I don't believe it's that much better that I have to put up with lesser phones and pay more on top for it. Now if they offer the phones and the network then it a no brainer.

My .02 anyway.
When I got my first cell, I started on TMobile. I couldn't place calls from my apartment without being near a window. Returned it within the 2 week grace period, switched to Verizon, got full bars, and never looked back.

Upvote 0
let's face the facts here, one of the largest issues with Verizon is it's lack of really lust-worthy phones. The only phone they currently sell which is decent is the Droid.

Verizon customers sit back and watch as ATT / Sprint & TMobile get all the awesome phones.

We'll get the "Incredible" months down the road when we don't care anymore and it looks dated compared to the Evo and whatever else comes out from now until then.

So, it's time to make a decision... do you want Verizon for a great network, or another carrier for great phones?

There will be no Incredible unveiling tomorrow and you probably won't see it until May at least. Sorry guys, stick with your Droid's or Eris's for a while longer, it's all we're getting.

Upvote 0
I am staying positive - even without an announcement today. I was always going with NKT's prediction of mid April (16th I think he said). So what is the difference between it being announced today, tomorrow, end of the week, or heaven forbid the end of the month (I don't want that mind you). Either way I was planning on purchasing it on the 16th of April, so as long as it is out by then I don't care. It's not as if the EVO is available right now.

Now if it goes through to June, then all things are up in the air for choices. I will probably not switch networks, because the others don't work well where I live, but I will be one ughly person in June.

Upvote 0
How many people know for a fact that Verizon's network is really that much more superior? I mean how many have used all the other networks to know that Verizon is just so much better that there is no other possible choice? I can tell you for fact that Verizon claims coverage where they do not have it. Verizon is great at tell us how much better their network is. So much so that we seem to believe there is no other network to choose.

Oh and when you look on Verizon's site at their comparision of 3G networks guess who is #2? That's right Sprint and they do cover a lot of the major population centers around the country. Coverage Locator - Verizon Wireless. That doesn't take into account that some of that for Sprint is providing 4G too. So I pose that if Verizon themselves are saying that Sprint is #2 in coverage and there are parts of Verizon's maps that aren't really covered like they claim how far off are they really?

It's ultimately each person's choice but my opinion is that I'm not buying all the marketing hype Verizon puts into it's network supremacy. Sure it's better but I don't believe it's that much better that I have to put up with lesser phones and pay more on top for it. Now if they offer the phones and the network then it a no brainer.

My .02 anyway.

Actually Consumer Reports just had a cover story and Verizon was independently tested as the best network available. Hate to enable them after this "incredibly" cluster f**K, but it 's proven.

Upvote 0
That way it takes away all the hype from Sprint and if NKT is right with the same specs as the EVO but a smaller form factor with AMOLED....yeah that will take the cake on the award.

are u crazy.. nothing is gonna take away from this phone right now, this is the "NEW" it factor. no matter what else is released it is gonna be compared to the evo. verizon sux for good phones and right now they know they cannot compare with the evo.yes for tech ppl the incredible is a better phone, but with that the droid is in every aspect better then the iphone. but "normal" ppl dont care about that, they care about screen size ohhh and it has a hdmi port ahhhh and wait a kickstand weeeeee! so verizon better release this phone asap if they wanna keep ppl from leaving for the "newest coolest" phone out there on the first 4g network..(thats mostly in texas)

Upvote 0
I think I'm done with the forum for the night. Too much negative talk about things that are just guesswork and poor guesswork at that. Sure we are all disappointed we didn't hear anything but it all makes perfect sense. You don't announce the top 2 competing phones on the same day. The incredible will have it's day and just because both of those boxes were filled today, it doesn't mean one isn't meant for the Incredible. They didn't superglue them in the boxes so I'm pretty sure one of the boxes can be emptied and replaced.

Besides if I was Verizon, I would want to announce my phone last.

Anyway, I'll see you all tomorrow and maybe we can get a fresh start.

Stay strong everyone.

Upvote 0
Look what HTC is doing with LetsTalk. HTC making it where you pick a carrier/plan/phone. I could see them having it where you could order a custom phone in the future. I would think this would be bigger than how Google is sales the Nexus One.

HTC Online Store (US) - Free Cell Phones & Cell Phone Service

vzw-google-htc--albums-incredible-picture877-phandroid.jpg

Upvote 0
let's face the facts here, one of the largest issues with Verizon is it's lack of really lust-worthy phones. The only phone they currently sell which is decent is the Droid.

Verizon customers sit back and watch as ATT / Sprint & TMobile get all the awesome phones.

We'll get the "Incredible" months down the road when we don't care anymore and it looks dated compared to the Evo and whatever else comes out from now until then.

So, it's time to make a decision... do you want Verizon for a great network, or another carrier for great phones?

There will be no Incredible unveiling tomorrow and you probably won't see it until May at least. Sorry guys, stick with your Droid's or Eris's for a while longer, it's all we're getting.

Geez, I'm seriously depressed after reading this. Positive thoughts please!

Reactions: dmb_droid41
Upvote 0
are u crazy.. nothing is gonna take away from this phone right now, this is the "NEW" it factor. no matter what else is released it is gonna be compared to the evo. verizon sux for good phones and right now they know they cannot compare with the evo.yes for tech ppl the icredible is a better phone, but with that the droid is in every aspect better then the iphone. but "normal" ppl dont care about that, they care about screen size ohhh and it has a hdmi port ahhhh and wait a kickstand weeeeee! so verizon better release this phone asap if they wanna keep ppl from leaving for the "newest coolest" phone out there on the first 4g network..(thats mostly in texas)

With things like an AMOLED screen, 8GB built in ROM, Optical trackpad.

Reactions: bollin
Upvote 0

My .02 anyway.

I can vouch for the Phoenix metro area. My company phone is with sprint, and I constantly have to use my personal phone with Verizon because of no signal with Sprint. My daughter has has AT&T and can't even use her phone in our house. We travel to and from South Dakota every year. Verizon has coverage 95% of the way, AT&T is lucky if it gets a signal 60% of the way.

Upvote 0

My .02 anyway.

If you travel anywhere west of the Mississippi till just shy of Seattle you will see where Verizon's network takes over. Sprint or Tmobile maps, I'm not even gonna talk about ATT, may show decent coverage but I have friends with both and it's spotty at best. I realize there aren't that many folks in the northern rocky region but I've traveled from Boston to Seattle to Hawaii and never had a single issue with Verizon service.

Reactions: JohnKuczek
Upvote 0
I've said it before, but I have a hard time feeling too sorry for us, since there is absolutely nothing that's truly OFFICIAL about this phone. We've gotten ourselves all wound up about small, blurry pics, video taken by Mr. Blurrycam himself, and over-the-top "confirmed" specs. If somebody really wanted to wind up a bunch of phone nerds, this thread would be a perfect case study.

Personally, I'm trying to wind myself back down. The EVO and maybe even the iPhone 4G might be options for me should the Incredible fail to materialize. Perhaps I'll pick up a used Eris or Droid to tide me over. If worse comes to worst, I can pick up a TracFone for a month or two. I have Google Voice, what do I care?

Deep breaths... Deep breaths...

Upvote 0

I haven't waited since October to get a Droid I will wait for the Incredible or at least if I have to wait longer then May I might get a Nexus 1

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones