• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official "I pre-ordered the Atrix" thread

Did you order the Atrix?

• Yes

Votes: 55 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Undecided still

Votes: 18 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aren't ya'll scared to drop $200+ and being tied to a 2-year contract on an unproven phone?

Not me.

Anyway you slice this phone it is a tremendous upgrade from my previous phone. I was a few clicks away from getting the Captivate back in late December before I decided to wait for CES to make a decision. As long as I can get root power to get free tethering/hotspot; I'm not worried about it being unproven.

Just pre-ordered. No contract price of $499. Seems pretty fair for such an official Superphone!!:D
I just pre-ordered mine no contract and got it for $399 they had a $100 instant rebate for some reason. I did not get the lap top dock will wait to see if they come down in price. lol I did however notice that they already have cases for sale on Ebay the clear TPU kind that I like!:D

i was the first person in the store to preorder mine.

The att guy said that if you did not pre-order, you would get it by mar. 6
however, if you preordered, you should get as early as mar. 1

also, att also has the accessories, but in the back. bought a case, just have to ask

I ordered at 6am eastern on the 13th over the phone with Business Care. They gave me an early upgrade as I wasn't available for one till November. I didn't have to change my rate plan, unlimited data not add the tethering plan. Don't know if that was an oversight on there part but I'm not complaining.

I ordered...

Laptop Dock Bundle

Entertainment Center/Webtop Access Kit

Total Cost $738.28

I just left my local store and after preordering, I was told that the restocking fee will be $35 even if I don't open the box. Holy mac.....

I ordered at 6am eastern on the 13th over the phone with Business Care. They gave me an early upgrade as I wasn't available for one till November. I didn't have to change my rate plan, unlimited data not add the tethering plan. Don't know if that was an oversight on there part but I'm not complaining.

I ordered...

Laptop Dock Bundle

Entertainment Center/Webtop Access Kit

Total Cost $738.28

That's great that you didn't need the tethering even though you bought the Laptop bundle. I'm assuming it's because you kept the unlimited plan.

I went into my local AT&T corporate store earlier today and preordered. They were in the middle of setting up the phone and laptop dock for display. I was able to get the phone and laptop bundle for $599 (plus $100 mail in rebate, making it $499 after rebate as is advertised online). The sales girl had to have her manager find and give her the special coupon code for the $100 instant savings on the laptop dock. However, I did not have to sign up for the $45/month tethering plan, despite the paper with the $100 instant savings coupon code for her to scan saying right on it that the discount required the tethering plan. She apparently didn't read it, and her manager mentioned nothing about it either. I'm guessing neither of them even really knew as I seemed to be one of the first to preorder the phone in that store.

I got the 2GB data for $25. I wasn't able to keep unlimited data because I never had one for smartphones/iPhone. I've been using an unlocked straight from Nokia E71 with the old $15 MediaMax 200 bundle (unlimited internet and 200 messages for regular feature phones) since they thought I was still using an LG Shine they gave me free which I promptly sold. LOL

That's great that you didn't need the tethering even though you bought the Laptop bundle. I'm assuming it's because you kept the unlimited plan.

Probably so. May have something to do with the business rep not really knowing about it.

I'm not really sure why, but apparently I was "really eligible" for an upgrade today, so I pre-ordered for $99. My 2-year contract ran out in October, so maybe this is some kind of incentive to get me off my month-to-month? Regardless, I was able to transfer my FAN discount and unlimited data, so I'm SUPER pumped!!

I was going to pull the trigger tonight, but I can't decipher what's going on :)

I'm only 7 months into my 2 year, I have a Captivate, the wife has an iP4 (~4 months in), we've been with AT&T for 10+ years (and have other AT&T service in addition to wireless).

So I get a message that neither of my lines can be upgrade, and that "You may purchase at a no commitment pricing".

Yet, I can select my line, and click the upgrade this line link. Then nav to the Atrix, and add it to my cart for"

2-Year Term Renewal Price $199.99
Total Due at Time of Shipping $199.99

Which sure looks like an upgrade price[?]

However, I can't checkout because I have a plan conflict, I'm currenlty on a "grandfathered" unlimited smartphone plan, I see this is a huge pink box:

Important Information:
The phone you've chosen is NOT COMPATIBLE with the following feature(s) currently on your account:

Smartphone Personal

Note: To avoid excessive charges, please log into att.com/mywireless or call Customer Care at 800-331-0500 after you've activated your new device to remove your current incompatible feature(s) and to add new compatible feature(s) to your account.

Under SmartPhone personal, which sounds like my current plan, I see this:

SmartPhone Personal $30.00/month
Data Plan for SmartPhones. Unlimited domestic data usage. Only available for upgrades. Requires customers to be on a "Gold List" SmartPhone Plan prior to upgrade to HSPA+ device.

??

If I select that and Add To Cart (which I guess I have to before I can select the Checkout button), so see this:

Note: Removing a messaging or data feature may result in higher pay-per-use charges.

New features you have selected to add:
Smartphone Personal

Conflicting features which will be removed:
SmartPhone Personal

This feature change will be effective upon receipt and activation of your new phone or device.

Charges will appear on your next bill.

I can Accept or Decline, I'm declining for now.

Hahaha, WTF :D

I went through that same thing (which looks confusing). If you accept, you will still have unlimited data for $30/month. Before you had a 'Smartphone Personal Data plan' and now you will have a 'Smartphone Personal $30.00/month Data Plan'.

So just reselect this one:

SmartPhone Personal $30.00/month
Data Plan for SmartPhones. Unlimited domestic data usage. Only available for upgrades. Requires customers to be on a "Gold List" SmartPhone Plan prior to upgrade to HSPA+ device.

?

Sure. It is the same plan you already have and if something is wrong after you receive and activate your phone, you have the number to call so they can fix it.

That's very true - I just had/have a touch of paranoia about my plan getting forked up. :)

Finally dumping my iPhone 3G. Pre-ordered the Atrix on the 13th. Got the phone for upgrade price of $149 and kept unlimited data plan. Laptop dock is way over priced, even with bundle (IMHO). Can't wait to get the phone, hopefully it arrives quickly.

I pre-ordered the phone without the laptop or the docks. I already have a CR-48 anyway. Did anyone else get the phone for $99.99?

Back