• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Official ZTE Grand X Max + 5.1 Root Achieved!

Mredjay0

Oct 14, 2015
The files attached have been verified to be clean.
I take no responsibility if you break your phone in the process. I know that I have not posted much on this forum, but I really wanted to repost everything that I have come across and put it into ONE nice post that other Z987 owners can find easily.

This WILL give you Root access.
This WILL void your Warranty.
I WILL not be responsible if you break your phone.
Again...
I take NO responsibility for finding this method.

STEP 1.
-------------------------------------------------------
"kmt5150"
-------------------------------------------------------

Here it goes!
ROOTING METHOD FOR BUILD Z987V2.3.15, 5.1 LOLLIPOP, CRICKET STOCK SOFTWARE

I'll be outlining my exact process that gave me this wonderful gift. Toy around with it if you want
tongue.gif

1. Install SRS Root from the Root Files.zip attachment to this post. Run the All Methods option (it will fail, don't worry).
2. Make sure your Google Play isn't set to auto-update for this next process. It seemed to help me.
2. Install Kingoroot from the Root Files.zip attachment to this post. Decline the yahoo malware search bar ****. Run Kingoroot. While it's running, make sure Google Play is set to NOT auto-update.
When Kingoroot reaches 53%, let it sit for about a minute, then reboot the phone. Allow it to start and unlock your screen as soon as you can, to allow continuation. Cover and let simmer until you reach 100%
biggrin.gif

highfive.gif
Congrats! You've achieved root!

STEP 2.
----------------------------------------------------
"Masterchief87"
----------------------------------------------------
I used terminal emulator to enter the "reboot disemmcwp" command on my zmax z970 and it has persisted through countless reboots, dirty flashing multiple BrokenOS ROM updates, and clean flashing the latest update last night. I wiped system and did a factory reset before installing the newest update of BrokenOS and once the ROM booted up I still had system rw access without a switcher.

Running the "reboot disemmcwp" command should disable the system write protection INDEFINITELY until you use the other command to turn it back on. Also, I don't think root is needed for the command to work even with terminal emulator. It certainly wasn't needed in my case.

All I needed to do was install terminal emulator, open a terminal, and without ever requesting or granting root access, run the "reboot disemmcwp" command. It did not require root and it is still working after several days, dozens of reboots, and a factory reset.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, these are NOT my files, nor did I come up with this method for rooting. I am only compiling the information and presenting it to other Z987 owners for easy access.

Attachments

• Root_Files.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 3,089
Last edited:
Reactions: HMT Chryssi
Has anyone tried the mobile version of kingroot lately on 5.1?

Also I noticed you make no mention of installing twrp recovery or flashing the SuperSU zip.

The best way to do this would be to do the steps 1 and 2(which give you temp root)that you outlined, then install twrp and boot into twrp and flash the SuperSU zip( which gives you permanent root).
AFTER flashing the SuperSU zip would be the best time to use the "reboot disemmcwp" command because that way you have SuperSU instead of kingroot (kingroot does some really shady stuff and it is a good idea to delete both kingroot and SRS root from both your phone and your pc as soon as you are done with the rooting process).
You really don't want to have system rw access until you have deleted kingroot because it is basically malware.

Upvote 0
I just tried on mine, but without step 2, which is over my head. It did root, but could not uninstall system files. If someone could spoon feed the details of step 2 I could do it.

No problem.

Just go to the Play Store and look for a terminal emulator.

Open the Terminal Emulator and type "su" (without quotes) and press enter.

This gives you root permissions to execute system commands.
Now you just need to type "reboot disemmcwp" (without quotes).

Your phone will reboot and Bobs your uncle...youre now rooted with r/w capability.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
No problem.

Just go to the Play Store and look for a terminal emulator.

Open the Terminal Emulator and type "su" (without quotes) and press enter.

This gives you root permissions to execute system commands.
Now you just need to type "reboot disemmcwp" (without quotes).

Your phone will reboot and Bobs your uncle...youre now rooted with r/w capability.

When I type in "su" without the quotes, am I supposed to get a message that says "su: not found"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones