• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root OG Evo won't turn on (trying to transfer pictures to another handset)

android91

Nov 29, 2010
Hey guys,

I had an OG evo last year and then switched to an iPhone now a year later back to android. Over the weekend I tried to turn on my OG Evo (rooted) but it wouldn't so I left it to charge for 24 hours. Still wouldn't turn on.

No charge indicators light up or anything. Power + Vol Down doesn't work, but when I do power + Vol up I get 3 vibrations, no screen.

I did Volume Down + Power once however, and I saw the white boot screen but it disappeared almost instantly. Would love to get some baby photos that are saved on this phone and bring it back as my backup phone.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I had an OG evo last year and then switched to an iPhone now a year later back to android. Over the weekend I tried to turn on my OG Evo (rooted) but it wouldn't so I left it to charge for 24 hours. Still wouldn't turn on.

No charge indicators light up or anything. Power + Vol Down doesn't work, but when I do power + Vol up I get 3 vibrations, no screen.

I did Volume Down + Power once however, and I saw the white boot screen but it disappeared almost instantly. Would love to get some baby photos that are saved on this phone and bring it back as my backup phone.

Thanks!

Hey, I would check the connections on the battery and the phone for corrosion. Especially if it sat for that long. I would also try and get a different battery and try that. I would think it's an issue with the battery anyways..

Your In the wrong forum btw. This is the Evo 4G LTE sub forum. You want to be in the EVO 4G sub forum. But a mod will sort that out shortly I bet :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones