• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Oh dear, stop me from getting another dog.

We've never done the bootie thing. The only reason I'd do that, though is not so much from the cold as the salt. That can do some serious damage to paw pads, not to mention that they will lick their paws and get sick. Luckily our township has determined that salt in the residential neighborhoods just cot's too much so they dump cinders when it snows ... and our neighbors are much to anal about the condition of their sidewalks to ever put any of the aggressive melters out there.

That sounds big. I've got it on a stool Dennis Leary once leaned on. He's smaller than he looks.

Anyway when we tried the dog thing on the turtle he just kept on trucking under the furniture unless distracted.

Turtles are nothing like dogs but dogs like looking at fish. Get an aquarium instead Clementine_3.

He has a 3' x 4' plywood table/box thingy. 4' UVB light, heat light, hide, water and food bowls. I give him coconut husk (moistened) in the winter to keep the humidity up a bit. That makes a huge mess!! He's very messy.

I have always picked up dogs from the pound in pairs. The live to between 10 and 13 years and when one passes, I'll get two more. Helps keep the older dog from being lonely and the pups grow up together.
Not a good pic but Maggie on the left passed away last Christmas. Ivey and Gertrude are the pups, aka The Ghost and The Darkness.

Attachments

• 2014-03-10 18.31.14.jpg
    2014-03-10 18.31.14.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
So one of the nice ladies called me. She's going to call my vet and get the ball rolling. Yay!

I was a bit confused though because the coordinator lady deleted my application then sent it to this lady [emoji33] and they are both wondering where my deposit/donation whatever is. Ummm. I used PayPal like the site urged me to do. So, silly lady, go find it...or did you delete that too?[emoji53]. They are very nice but a touch disorganized.

Looks like Luster-who-needs-a-new-name is coming. Once they figure out how to make that happen.

When I was a kid, one of my back-yard neighbors had an Irish Setter, and holy cow was that dog hyper. They had a lemon tree in their yard (big, almost grapefruit-sized lemons), and any time I was close to their section of the fence (four-foot chain-link) he'd grab a lemon and bring it to the fence to throw. A slimy, drooly lemon (seriously, we're talking St Bernard levels here). He was a fun dog, in small doses.

I've got 11 drool-dried tennis balls sitting on the console under the TV at any given moment. And there are still enough on the floor to have one being bounced (relentlessly) next to me as I am typing this.

Back
Top Bottom