• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Ok flashed liberty 1.5 cannot sync contacts

keegan1014

Android Enthusiast
All apps restored and running well, just can't get my contacts to sync from my verizon.
Did a google sync but it only had 20 out of 200 contacts, please help

youll have to go back to the stock rom and sync all your contacts with google. Or you can log into your myverizon account and export your contacts and import them through google. All of which is done at the computer.

youll have to go back to the stock rom and sync all your contacts with google. Or you can log into your myverizon account and export your contacts and import them through google. All of which is done at the computer.

Ok gonna have to wait till I get home tonight then, thanks

Do you know how to export your contacts? If not let me know and I'll write out the steps. Its pretty easy but a lot of people don't even know that option is there. The reason it happened is Liberty doesn't have backup sync or whatever it's called that verizon gives to customers to backup local phone numbers i.e. not synced with google.

Well without my pc in front of me I gotta say no I don't know how, so please if you don't mind
Any and all help is appreciated.

No problem man.
Exporting Your Contacts
Go to MyVerizon
In the middle of the page under "Devices" click "Manage Contacts"
in the top right of the contacts window (not the full browser window) there is a "select all" option click that then click the "action" drop down button next to it. Click "export contacts" CSV (outlook) is the default which is what we want. Click "ok".
It will download a file called "contact.csv"

Importing Contacts to Google
Open up your gmail account at. Quick link
On the left, under the Gmail logo, click "contacts"
The menu will change and you will be given the option to click "import contacts". Do it.
Pop up will ask you to select the file. Find that file you just downloaded. Then click "import".
Good2Go

Back
Top Bottom