• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ? on AOPK Milestone 6

Has any one tryed this ROM?

I would like to improve my battery life after this ICS, mess-up.

Is there any inprovement?????

Lateck,

If you're talking about Build 37 (the latest AOKP build available from XDA), then yes.

I currently have this rom installed on my phone and get decent battery life. The rom comes with a nice built in tweaking section as well so you can fine tune processor governors and clocks. Very little issues with this build, hardly ever crashes (less than 5 in duration of install > 2 months), most crashes though I blame on apps rather than the rom. Customization of the UI, notification area and lock screen are in-depth and very well done. I've had other roms on this phone and would honestly never go back.

More on battery life, I added the extended battery pack a while ago and since then I've been getting about 24 hours of moderate use. Would compare that to about 15-18 hours on a normal battery with moderate to little use. Keep in mind too that signal strength can vastly affect the battery life as well.

Only thing I've found inconvenient about this rom is the lack of ability to update your profile/PRL info. So make sure you update that before you flash in.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I'm having quite a bit of trouble finding a link to download build 37 on my phone. And I have looked and looked and looked some more on the post but nothing. Can anyone post a direct link to where the rom. Download is, please don't post the page of info and kernels and what not. I just need the rom. Please and thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones