• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One Click Root option(easiest) no computer needed

ive been trying to do this z4 thing and it says "running exploit in order to obtain root access" for about 5 mins then my phone restarts and nothing happened, i dont think it finished. I also did this a few days ago and it worked and it downloaded this app called superuser (i think) but now it doesnt get downloaded?

Am i doing something wrong

Upvote 0
I have downloaded the z4zoot-(which the program calls its self z4mod)
I put the file on my phone
Removed my phone from my computer
I have installed the Program on my phone.
I ran the program. Did it for 30 minutes, then it restarted and was not rooted.
Took out the battery, and ran it again, and hour later, still not rooted, and didn't restart this time.
I uninstalled the program, and re-installed it.
I took it out once more, and let it run over night, still not rooted.
Once again uninstalled it, and re-installed it, took out the battery, and then restarted it to run again. Still did not root.
All it ever says it is doing is -{[(Running Exploit in order to obtain root...)]}- if I leave the page and come back it will say that it is saving a file or something, then go back to the running statement.
What am I doing wrong, and why is it not working?

Upvote 0
I can not seem to find the list of supported devices, and if there is a newer version of this one click app or not...

I have the Samsung galaxy 5 Player with the 7 inch screen.
(Supposedly it is exactly like the Samsung Galaxy S, but without the Cell chip)

I have the following on my device:
Firmware version: 2.3.5
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-G70UEKI8
Build Number: GINGERBREAD.UEKI8
Model Number: YP-G70

Sorry for my being a bit skeptical, I just do not want to BRICK my device as I paid about 200 dollars for it, and if I break it, I wont be able to buy a new one within the year due to college...

Thanks for the help,

PS: I alredy installed the app, I just have not ran the Root/Un-Root features yet...
App looks nice, I'm an descent enough self taught programmer, and I've had this android device for a short while already, I'd like to learn more about this stuff, maybe help out with hacking it for stuff if I can, feel free to send me info, I'll try and reply in my free time! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones