• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One more question

My phone is updated to jellybean i think will that effect the root at all?? i got the phone Jan 2nd and updated it that day

I don't think your phone is upgraded to jelly bean... that's what a lot of us are waiting for! For proof though, look under settings, about phone, then software information. Your android version should be 4.0.3, which is ice cream sandwich.

Upvote 0
You can still root your phone and get s-off via the wire trick after taking the latest OTA.

sorry lol let me make it clear. I wanna root my phone and i was wonder if the software on my phone is to new or something lol i have 4.0.3

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Yes you can still root your phone. The software version you are on won't prevent you from rooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones