• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Opinions Please - Moto G on Verizon Prepaid or AT&T thru Straight Talk

schwimmair

Lurker
Apr 16, 2014
Hey everyone, I am currently with Virgin and have a iPhone 4 and am going to be making the switch in the next few days to a Moto G. I am debating which carrier would be the better choice for me and would like some opinions please.

I live in Atlanta and both AT&T thru Straight Talk and Verizon have strong signals around here.

Verizon Prepaid has the Moto G for $99 but I am a little worried about the 3G speeds.

I can get a unlocked GSM Moto G on Amazon for $179 and activate on Straight Talk (AT&T sim card) and get HSPA+ speeds if I go this route.

Both plans cost the same per month although Straight Talk offers unlimited data and Verizon has 500mb included.

I usually use wifi at home and won't use 500mb of data a month but thought the faster speed of HSPA+ would be nice when I am out and about.

So what do you think the better option would be for me please? Coming from Sprint I am assuming either way I go there will be a jump in data speed but I am wondering if the extra money is worth it for HSPA+.

Thanks in advance and I am really excited to get this phone!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones