• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root optimus v rooting problems

poweruserEd

Lurker
I rooted my lg optimus v without moving the gingerbreak app to the sd card and now my phone is giving me a message saying "# su binary outdated tap to update su binary". The move to sd card otion is also shaded gray if I go in to the settings > applications > manage applications menu. I am a noob and I want to complete this process without messing up my phone, it is my only interface to the net. I can use the library but it limits functionality. I can also use school computer lab but I am always running out of time :turtle:.

Hello and welcome to the forums. I've moved your question to the Optimus V all things root subform so someone more specialized with this device can help you with your question. :)

You need to update the binaries and the Superuser app to the latest versions. Superuser app can be found in the PlayStore.

Once that is done you will need to install a custom flash_image and a custom recovery if you do nothing else. This is so you can make a backup of your stock OS/ROM.

No backup, way more gnashing of teeth and pulling of hair if you mess something up.
I know, I bricked my first V back in April of 2011 (which is how I ended up here).

For more info on how to get at least the flash_image and recovery installed, and make that all important nandroid backup (total full system backup of the OS and all your data) go here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...all-flash_image-flash-recovery-rom-theme.html.

If unsure of anything post in there.

Back
Top Bottom