• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Optimus V vs Optimus Slider vs HTC Wilfire S

djthebogan

I just saw that VM came out with the Optimus Slider and HTC Wildfire S. How do these compare against the OV? I mean more in terms of user experience and not so much based on the specs.

I just saw that VM came out with the Optimus Slider and HTC Wildfire S. How do these compare against the OV? I mean more in terms of user experience and not so much based on the specs.

The HTC Seems to have the same specs as the Optimus V. The Optimus Slider seems better then the V and its got a Keyboard. But the thing is, is the IHO Roms for the V are basically fully developed at this point. I've been thinking about the Triumph but there are a lot of things on the CM7 ROM for it that are broken where on the V everything works...

Personally I have no desire to get any other phone than the one I currently have, which is the OpV. If this one breaks, I'll get another OpV.

My boyfriend has an HTC and I was able to play with it on the drive out here to Chicago from Seattle. I can honestly say that I have no interest whatsoever in an HTC. Really nice phones, but just not as nice as mine IMHO.

I'd love to see an Optimus with the specs of a Triumph. I'm with NNF, I love my V. Only real gripe is the size. I'd like more power and more internal memory, but can live with what I have.

I had high hopes the Optimus Black was going to be the Triumph Killer, but from the reviews I've read it isn't even going to be on the V's radar.

And as Kirurus said, the CM7 roms for the Optimus V are leaps and bounds ahead of the Triumph. I recently had a chance to buy a Triumph and give my wife my Optimus V. I instead chose to buy her an Optimus V and flash it with CM7.

I'd love to see an Optimus with the specs of a Triumph. I'm with NNF, I love my V. Only real gripe is the size. I'd like more power and more internal memory, but can live with what I have.

I had high hopes the Optimus Black was going to be the Triumph Killer, but from the reviews I've read it isn't even going to be on the V's radar.

And as Kirurus said, the CM7 roms for the Optimus V are leaps and bounds ahead of the Triumph. I recently had a chance to buy a Triumph and give my wife my Optimus V. I instead chose to buy her an Optimus V and flash it with CM7.

EXACTLY everything you said! Couldn't of said it better myself, buuut ima try lol.The size could be a little bigger so my netflix is worth watching and the 2gb internal memory has got to be the most annoying thing in the world... im constantly deleting stuff (APPS mostly) off my phone because half the apps i download will not convert over to my 32gb micro SCHD card and i really like some of the apps im having to get rid of, they should atleast put 5gb internal in them. I was also hoping it would atleast have the same specs as triumph with the 5mp camera (flash would be nice...) and shapdragon processor and it needs about 1gb ramm and gingerbread 2.3. Is that too much to ask for??? im sure eventually there will be a prepaid phone from VM that will have that kinda power, hope its the optimus V2 or something =D.

EXACTLY everything you said! Couldn't of said it better myself, buuut ima try lol.The size could be a little bigger so my netflix is worth watching and the 2gb internal memory has got to be the most annoying thing in the world... im constantly deleting stuff (APPS mostly) off my phone because half the apps i download will not convert over to my 32gb micro SCHD card and i really like some of the apps im having to get rid of, they should atleast put 5gb internal in them. I was also hoping it would atleast have the same specs as triumph with the 5mp camera (flash would be nice...) and shapdragon processor and it needs about 1gb ramm and gingerbread 2.3. Is that too much to ask for??? im sure eventually there will be a prepaid phone from VM that will have that kinda power, hope its the optimus V2 or something =D.

I'm currently going to pick up another virgin mobile phone in the next week for my wife. I can't decide whether to buy her a V or a slider. The V just seems so solid from my little experience with it. Solid construction and I don't know why or how, but it is 100% smoother running than our original Moto Droids.

Anyone have some insight for optimus V vs optimus slider?

I've found the very has a more sturdy design than the others they have available I thought about the triumph but when I saw it in store it felt flimsy and cheap. I've heard of people dropping this while riding a motorcycle at 60mph, had a case, and they picked the pieces put it back together and worked perfectly fine. I myself have drop kicked it a few times and it works. I would be walking it slipped as I step forward, hit my foot and went flying.

n00b questions:
According to VM, my work area has excellent coverage for data, but I work in a brick basement, will it still get good reception?

Trying to decide between Ov/Oslider. Keyboard aside, wouldn't it be worth it for the 2.3 OS, faster cpu, and extra ram? Also, someone stated in the reviews that the slider gets better reception than their Ov, anyone know if the antenna has been upgraded with the other hardware.

I know I should have searched this first, but what is CM7, and is there a guide for flashing? Thanks

CM7 is CyanogenMod version 7. Check out this link here for full details from the original site.

After you've rooted your phone and made a backup, you can watch a youtube vid on flashing BACKside IHO for the OpV (this includes instructions on installing ClockworkMod Recovery. The link for downloading the rom and gapps is in the backside link. You'll find textual instructions from Jerry there as well). Here's the vid I watched when I did mine.... the guy is a tad slow, but I think for a first-timer slow is good. ;)

Back
Top Bottom