• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root optimus version 2.2(how do i proceed)

synergy7

Dec 23, 2011
atlanta , georgia
Under my about phone section, it says my Optimus is version 2.2. Nothing else. Im afraid to begin the recovery process due to the fact that im unsure if this is 2.2.1 or 2.2.2. If this is in fact 2.2. , how do I downgrade to 2.2.1?

edit: I know how to downgrade now. but I'm still unsure if this is 2.2.1 , 2.2.2, or 2.2.0

Under my about phone section, it says my Optimus is version 2.2. Nothing else. Im afraid to begin the recovery process due to the fact that im unsure if this is 2.2.1 or 2.2.2. If this is in fact 2.2. , how do I downgrade to 2.2.1?

edit: I know how to downgrade now. but I'm still unsure if this is 2.2.1 , 2.2.2, or 2.2.0
If you can root with the Z4root app then its 2.2 also if it was one of the other ones, it would say the full number. I have a 2.2 and I've seen someone else's phone that had 2.2.2 so if it's just 2.2 then you don't have to downgrade. Just use Z4root app to root your phone, then put a recovery on the root of your sdcard. Get the app called Flash Image GUI ( google it ) and use it to flash your recovery.

Upvote 0

If you can root with the Z4root app then its 2.2 also if it was one of the other ones, it would say the full number. I have a 2.2 and I've seen someone else's phone that had 2.2.2

As atownchevyboy said, you have the 2.2 and nothing higher. You should be able to root with z4root, and the gingerbreak Either one will work. I don't have a link to the z4root. You should be able to search around for it though. I have used both on my (and my wife's) phones. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones