• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Orange UK system upgrade 2.17.61.3

Dazza

Member
Hi. My desire is on Orange UK. There is a new system upgrade showing. I was wondering if anyone had downloaded it and if they had any problems with it.

Cheers,
Dazza
 
if you look at the post HTC Update available 01 12 2010 you will find that most of the post on there are from orange users i have had it on the phone for a few days and not noticed anything difrent.
some say its a bug fix
as when i downloaded it all i got was a 4.7mb so not a big update
hope that helps
 
I'm on Orange and have got the update notification which my phone downloads and asks me if I want to install. When I click yes it re-boots the phone but then seems to get stuck in a perpetual loop and asks me again if I want to install the downloaded file?

I have been through the loop about 3 times and each time the same. Checked my software setting and it says I'm still on 2.17.61.2 (the update is 2.17.61.3) so I guess i it hasn't installed properly but I do have a "related tab" when I go to the android market which was mentioned as a possible part of the update by someone posting on the thread just mentioned by the previous posted where I have cross-posted this.
 
I just got the update and although I can't find any differences I think this might be an important incremental update before gingerbread, though that might just be wishful thinking. Abit like the update released before 2.2, which only Orange decided to pass on and later found it to be important when releasing 2.2.

I really hope the desire does get gingerbread and quick.
 
Wishfull thinking there my friend, it's not even on the Nexus One which will get it before anything else and then we have to wait on HTC and THEN owners of branded handsets have to wait for their operators to OK it
 
if you google gingerbread for android phones you get a s**t loads of info for it acording to one web site i looked at it was due to be released october this year. there is also a video of a phone on google with 2.3 on it

i am of the school that when it gets here i will beleve it
as Public Enemy say dont beleve the hype
 
It seems weird if it's for the updated market usually the market updates itself without asking the user anything. I have had no notifications on my unbranded orange desire. I might re-brand it and have a look.
 
I noticed a Related tab in Market yesterday, but only this morning have I been prompted for this update.

All I will say is it had better not wipe my Angry Birds progress!!! :mad:
 
I downloaded this yesterday and my phone keeps rebooting. Mostly this happens when I do something but after I did a power cycle it looped continuously. I fixed this by removing the battery but it hasnt fixed the underlying problem.
 
It seems weird if it's for the updated market usually the market updates itself without asking the user anything. I have had no notifications on my unbranded orange desire. I might re-brand it and have a look.

I've had no Market (Vending) updates bar the last one to 2.12 - on an unbranded Desire
 
Hi all
I have not had the rebooting problem but I do have one which would be good to see if anyone else has had.
I have mine setup to download email from my SMTP email account blueyonder but it is setup to not delete the email on the server.
I do this so I can keep a copy on my home PC using Outlook which it downloads and deletes from server when it is switched on. Quite a common setup I would have thought.

Since the update the other day, My HTC desire has started deleting the email off the server when it picks up new email. Therefore email is now spread between two different places.
The update was performed over my home wireless so should not be corrupt.
I have deleted the account and reset it up but the same still happens.

Anyone else having this problem as its is starting to bug me now

J
 
Hi, I got the update mid week but i'm having problems with the Dialer. When on a call ie, to voicemail. I can no longer get the number keypad to come up. Also the mute and speakerphone options are now hid behind a new contacts bar.

Has anyone else experienced this and any ideas how to solve to number pad issues?
 
Hi, I got the update mid week but i'm having problems with the Dialer. When on a call ie, to voicemail. I can no longer get the number keypad to come up. Also the mute and speakerphone options are now hid behind a new contacts bar.

Has anyone else experienced this and any ideas how to solve to number pad issues?

What new contacts bar? Nothing changed on my Orange desire.
 
Back
Top Bottom