• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA Update Starting today?

I'd be interested if people with signal/reception issues, could confirm if the update makes any improvements.

TIA

Also, maybe post the current software revision (sorry, no longer have mine) so we could know the differences pre/post update.

Just in case anyone wonders afterward, here is the status info on my current Droid for comparison sake:

Model Number:
Droid

Firmware version:

Baseband Version:
C_01.3B.01P

Kernel version:
2.6.29-omap1-g04df51fandroid-build@apa26 #477

Build number:
ESD20

Will be patiently waiting. Anyone know if we will be prompted or will this update go undetected. I have read several conflicting stories on this.

Let's wait until we start getting reports of phones being updated...

What we know if it does happen:

A Prompt will happen to notify the user that an update is available, but it may not be today, as they may stagger the alert. You can check for system updates in the Status section, but I wouldn't recommend keep checking that until we get reports of people having the update.

I don't we will know what this update fixes until we get a change log from VZW by announcement or leak.

Every time I get an email from this thread I keep thinking it's someone saying "I got the update!" :(

Google "Droid Dec 11th update"...extremely long bulletin containing some user guide info, along with known issues/resolutions.

If not sure if you're getting it, just go under the phone's:

>Settings > About > Updates

Let's wait until we start getting reports of phones being updated...

What we know if it does happen:

A Prompt will happen to notify the user that an update is available, but it may not be today, as they may stagger the alert. You can check for system updates in the Status section, but I wouldn't recommend keep checking that until we get reports of people having the update.

I don't we will know what this update fixes until we get a change log from VZW by announcement or leak.

Every time I get an email from this thread I keep thinking it's someone saying "I got the update!" :(

Thanks for the info. I am with you, get excited when new emails come in.

my phone is unreponsive rite now. i went into update status and it has a circle that keeps spinning now. i wonder if i should shut it off or if its the update.

Well it says starting today and taking 48 hours so... I think right now everyone is waiting... no one has reported getting it yet that I know of.

to tide you over...

Google just released Goggles a visual search app, and an updated Maps client which adds Labs features.

Both on market now

The visual search app is called "Google Goggles" if anyone was wondering. Seems cool. I also updated my Maps, which has a new "Labs" feature (or maybe the older version did too. I got to enable some cool new layers).

Can't wait for the update.

For the Google update, what does labs mean? And someone posted they got their Android OS update but merely said, "seems nice." A tad more info, please? What changed?

maybe he meant that he updated maps, and it seems nice? not the android update.

if it is the android update please post the system info...

Back
Top Bottom