• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Unless Otterbox can come up with a good case for this phone, I won't be getting it. It doesn't take too many bad experiences with unprotected phones to recognize the value of a good case.

I like the edge concept, and can see it being useful, but if they can't design a case for it, I'll stick with the Note 4.

Upvote 0
So Far we've only got to see the flip book covers, but nothing for a drop.. like an otter box case.....

I've only got otter box's in my life for full protection frm my accidental a $$.... so I can only talk abt them...

So anyways.... the only way tht I can see a case being made is if they dnt change anything besides making tht edge big enough for the s pen to fit, but.... if they dnt do tht.. maybe just a wave over the screen..... IDK. ..... this looks like a subject tht we would just have to wait to come to life

Upvote 0
Its not about the worth. Its about keeping it protected. My GS3 also looks brand new. And they are still being sold for over $100.

I agree.

No one should buy a phone with the expectation of it holding a value anywhere near the original MSRP.

If you do,you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

One buys a phone because it meets their expectations for most uses.
If you happen to do so at a discount/sale price,all the better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones