• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Overclocked!

ScreenShot.png

I told the person who gave it to me I wouldn't share it. I'm sorry. I just wanted to let everyone know what this is capable of. I'm not trying to brag about my phone...I usually run it @ 1.5 anyway.

I told the person who gave it to me I wouldn't share it. I'm sorry. I just wanted to let everyone know what this is capable of. I'm not trying to brag about my phone...I usually run it @ 1.5 anyway.

Man you're selfish!! JK!!! It's awesome to hear what this phone is capable of. I wonder if anyone can reach the 2GHz range. Personally I don't see much need in overclocking this phone much at all. But if it is available I will!:D

The kernel has one higher setting of 1996 mhz but it freezes in quadrant. I really don't see a need to run it this fast constantly. But it is cool to know that its capable.

Holy wow. I'm afraid to ask what battery life is like with that kernel. Also, how noticeable is the speed bump? The TB already seems really fast to me.

Battery life isn't bad. But its really more for the cool factor. 1.5 ghz eliminates the little bit of lag there was. After that its not worth it really.

I also dont' think there's much of a point to overclock too much but hey if it's there I'm game. It's cool for show off factor and just to have some fun everyonce in awhile
I'd mostly run my phone at stock with the option to overclock when I need to show off haha

the ones discussed here are flashable in clockwork recovery. you flash them just like you do a rom... except you dont do any wipes :)
So:

1. d/l to computer
2. put it on sd card
3. Install "Rom" (kernal) with Rom manager from sd card using CWR

Is that how you do it? And then at the end keep the kernal on the sd card?

So:

1. d/l to computer
2. put it on sd card
3. Install "Rom" (kernal) with Rom manager from sd card using CWR

Is that how you do it? And then at the end keep the kernal on the sd card?

Yes, that's essentially all there is to it.

No, you don't have to keep the file on the SD card after you installed it.

Be careful if this is your first time overclocking. It could cause stability errors or really short battery life. It doesn't sound like that's the case, but it's always good to have a stock kernel on hand before you proceed with flashing to a new one.

Back
Top Bottom