• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pairing my phone to my Transformer

sbritton20

Lurker
Jul 7, 2013
Hey fellas, new to the site so please go easy on me. The two devices in question are my Asus Transformer Infinity and HTC evo 3D. The Transformer is running stock 4.2.2. The evo is running CM 10.1 nightlies, latest version based on 4.2.2. My ultimate goal here is to use my phone as a BT gamepad to play games on my big tablet screen. I found an app that will do just that in BT Controller. But my problem is the two devices will not connect to each other. It says there are paired up but yet wont connect. I dont believe either BT on the devices are messed up as I use both devices to pair up with my BT car stereo and BT alarm clock to play music off of them. Also I use the phone as a hot spot for my Asus tablet and the other day i tried to go the BT route for tethering and that also doesnt work. Dont really care about the latter, as im more concerned with the gamepad aspect. So i think if I can find the issue the BT connection, I GET MY GAMEPAD!! Any help or suggestions would be great fellas.

Also, you can avoid the obvious suggestions, reboot, unpair/repair. Tried all of that, nada.

Thanks in advance

I have an xbox controller with the wireless adapter that works but id rather not have to carry the extra hardware. As with the phone, I will always have it with me, so theres no extra hardware id be carrying. at the moment, thats what im currently using. Havent figured out how to get it work on GTA 10 year anniversary edition yet tho. But id rather have the phone be my controller. Nice and simple solution

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones