• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pandora

Treydude

How bad is the useage of data for pandora? I am afraid to use it, seems like cricket has a 2gig cap before speeds drop off.

I dont think its that bad i mean they say its capped but so far i haven't noticed any changes in data speeds and i know for a fact i passed the "cap"

It says 5 GB in the Fair Data Use Policy at mycricket.com.
Never believe Cricket people. We know more than them.

Hi everyone. I just purchased an Ascend today online, I get it tomorrow supposedly. Im pretty excited, this will be my first Android phone. I will be on the Cricket network. I am pretty confused about the amount of data.

I know better than anyone we all far bypass the customer care reps there in intelligence. It is almost unbelievableread the how bad it is. But, I just read the Fair data Use Policy at Cricket Fair Use Policy | Cricket Wireless and it states 5gb in the examples but if you go to $55 Android Plan - cell phone plan | Cricket Wireless and scroll halfway down it says you only get 1GB. So whats the deal?

As for you Cricket users how would you say your service is? I will use wifi when at home and school. I will be using gmail, fb, read the news and would like to use Pandora. I also will probably go nuts with the apps at least until the excitement wears off. Believe me, I am beside myself. I am in my last year of nursing school and I hope I can find some apps to help me.

I'm w/Cricket.My overall experience has been pretty good.Call quality is just as good,if not better,than my previous carrier,T-mobile.I believe once you reach the 1gb/mo. point,data is slow,however,not totally cut off,& definitely no extra charges after that.
May I suggest,in the future,deal with corporate stores only,not the franchises.You'll be better informed of overall service issues.One other item most are not aware of.If you pay for 3mo. of service up front,you can get one month free.You just have to ask about it or they won't mention it to you.Some dealers also offer a military/veteran discount as well,you just have to ask,as none of them are gonna offer 'free' money w/o you mentioning it.

I'm w/Cricket.My overall experience has been pretty good.Call quality is just as good,if not better,than my previous carrier,T-mobile.I believe once you reach the 1gb/mo. point,data is slow,however,not totally cut off,& definitely no extra charges after that.
May I suggest,in the future,deal with corporate stores only,not the franchises.You'll be better informed of overall service issues.One other item most are not aware of.If you pay for 3mo. of service up front,you can get one month free.You just have to ask about it or they won't mention it to you.Some dealers also offer a military/veteran discount as well,you just have to ask,as none of them are gonna offer 'free' money w/o you mentioning it.

That's really interesting about the military/veteran discount. And it's cool too!

Thanks for that info! (not that I qualify...but it's just nice to know). :)

So if you get the cheaper plan you get 5gig but if you get the best, smart phone plan its only 1 gig?? *scratches his head in confusion

So if you get the cheaper plan you get 5gig but if you get the best, smart phone plan its only 1 gig?? *scratches his head in confusion

You get 5gb/mo.,only 1gb of that is @ the 3G speed,after that,it appears to slow down.

It doesn't really sound like it makes any sense. But I think that they forgot to change the part about the 5 GB with the cheaper plan when they added the Android plan.

With Cricket you have no choice but to take the android plan ($55).

I don't know, I have not had mine long enough to use a gig yet. That I know of..but 1 gig at 3g only just seems really lame?

Well, the reasoning behind it is if Joe Blow is over there tethering his laptop and downloading movies all day it will slow others down. At least thats what they say. So I guess it's for the greater good. But, 1GB? Geeze. Im already mad they said purchase by 3pm and you'll have it the next day, but guess what? It's Saturday and they didnt pay for Sat. shipping. I won't get it til Monday. It's fine though I will be in Android heaven soon enough.

I just finished reading Crickets' "fair use policy" @www.mycricket.com/fairuse
It is vague at best,but states you will be throttled down if you daily usage exceeds an unspecified amount.Your best bet is to go to a corporate location for further clarification.I apologize if this seems to muddy the waters,you need to read the terms of service for yourself to appreciate the magnitude of vagueness regarding 3G data usage.

in the market get "last.fm" app. Works better than Pandora, and as far as I can tell, uses less data, (I may be wrong) but I personally like it better.

Thank you it does say 1 gig for android plan it's just hard to find. They dont want you to know that when you sign up for their "unlimited" plan.

Back
Top Bottom