• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root People Widget

RCope48

Ive ran MikG 2.61 and am currently running 3.0, but I've always used the HTC People widget, but since rooting and running different ROMs this widget wont keep people put, if I create a group called family and place them in the widget, and use it to call one of them, after completing the call they disappear from the widget...then I have to readd that person...anyone else notice this?:confused:

I have used that exact widget with 2.61 but I guess never with 3.0. I think GoLauncher's Contacts widget is excellent. Android Pro Widgets is another pretty good sub, it will work with any launcher.

The widget works fine for me.

And I was very :confused: at you answering your own questions before I saw granite was the one that edited it.

I'm running 3.5 and had a similar problem. When I set up a group, say favorites, I can add them to the widget then set up what I want it to do, either text, call, email, or whatever and it works fine. When I sync my contacts with Facebook, it messed everything up in my widgets. That was with the energy 3.5. I went back to newts beta 2 and everything works great.

I mentioned Android Pro Widgets earlier and one thing I like better about it is that it will give you the option of calling, texting, etc each contact when you press on the contact's pic instead of forcing you to select a default action. Do you guys know how to get the sense widget to do that or is it a limitation of the widget?

Oops, I didn't mean to edit the post, I meant to reply with quote. I'm not used to the new layout that I have now. LOL I'll correct it once I'm on my pc.LOL :)

Ive ran MikG 2.61 and am currently running 3.0, but I've always used the HTC People widget, but since rooting and running different ROMs this widget wont keep people put, if I create a group called family and place them in the widget, and use it to call one of them, after completing the call they disappear from the widget...then I have to readd that person...anyone else notice this?:confused:

Actually I used to use that widget when I was on MikG a while back. Way back like 2.0 or 2.1, worked fine then.
Have you tried to wipe the cache and dalvik cache?

Maybe the newer builds did something funky.

Back
Top Bottom