• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phantom alarm keeps going off fter deletion

kilinrax

Lurker
Dec 27, 2013
Festive greetings to everyone. I have a problem with the alarm on my Nexus 7 v2, which I've tried to switch off over the holidays, but it keeps going off every morning. This is what I've tried so far, in order (one per day):

• Setting the alarms to 'inactive' via the sliders
  • Deleting the alarms
  • Clearing the data for all apps that might still have them cached (Clock, Timely, Dashclock, Sleep as an Android)
  • Deleting Timely and Sleep as an Android
  • Setting the alarm volume to zero in Clock
  • Disabling Clock
I have read through the two other threads I've found here describing similar (though not identical) issues, and am at a loss as to what else try. The alarm extension for Dashclock still shows that the alarm is set, though if I click on it to open Clock it says there are none defined.

Please can someone help; I'd been hoping to catch up on some much-needed sleep over the break, and this is driving me spare. I don't really want to have to factory reset the tablet and fence it on eBay, but short of switching it off and leaving it in a soundproof box each night, this currently seems like my best option.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones