• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone Call and Messaging - Slow to Open

Does anyone have an issue when they open the "phone" or the "messaging" stock apps and it takes such a long time to open. Maybe 2-3 seconds (sometimes longer) instead of instantly. And then when you have the call log listed and tap to call someone it takes another few 5-10 seconds for the call to actually go through. Not sure if I'm the only one having this issue but does anyone know why this happens and how to fix this? It doesn't have all the time but it happens a lot.

Thanks.

I cleared everything by doing a stop all and it's still slow. Not sure which program to blame. How would you pinpoint a resource hog app?

You should also try going into the developers settings and scroll all the way down till you see don't keep activities . Try checking it if it isn't already , or try unchecking it if it is already .

OK, so my internal memory is at 2.2 available. I try to keep it at this level because when I have little memory the phone does start to lag up with other apps

First I checked the "don't keep activities " under developers settings and the problem still persisted.

Then I installed that seeder apk 2.0 and let it run and the call and message apps were still slow to open.

Finally I installed that pimp my Rom from the play store and it somewhat helped. Because I do notice my message apps open fast after I have already opened and closed it once. The call app still takes it's time to open. I'm going to mess around a little more with this pimp my room app to see if it completely fixes the problem.

I found an apk called "android tweaker pro" its made by iglo90 & bliss this really pumped my phone up all the way around. Try it and let me know what you think. P/M me if you need help finding it.

Back
Top Bottom