• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone cases for the 3500Mah battery?

Ry024

Lurker
Mar 4, 2012
I just got the 3500 Mah battery and it's battery performance has been alot better, the only problem is I havent been able to find any protective cases that fit the larger back cover.
Have you guys seen anything around that will fit the extended back case? or any diy self ways to protect the phone as much as possible?

I just got the 3500 Mah battery and it's battery performance has been alot better, the only problem is I havent been able to find any protective cases that fit the larger back cover.
Have you guys seen anything around that will fit the extended back case? or any diy self ways to protect the phone as much as possible?

LG protective case that fits the extended battery.

LG Connect 4G Waterproof Protective Case

Upvote 0
LG protective case that fits the extended battery.

LG Connect 4G Waterproof Protective Case

Eh, not the type of case I had in mind. It's a little bulky to be carrying around that thing and opening and closing it every time I want to check the time. Thanks, for trying though, if you ever run into a regular case for the extended battery, please don'r hesitate to update this thread and let me know.

Upvote 0
i figure people get cases for cosmetic purposes. they're not gonna protect your phone from being damaged if you drop it.

I agree that is likely the case for many, but otterbox cases have really impressed me before. I've seen one of those thrown at a wall with an iPhone in it. I think the general thought (outside of the cosmetics of course) is to have something that will absorb the shock of the fall or at least break in place of the phone's own plastics. Better to break the case than the $300 phone. Also most cases tend to add a little extension out from the screen border that can in some cases keep the screen from hitting the surface (assuming you are lucky enough that it is flat). Personally I just like having something adding depth to somewhat protect the screen and have something to keep from cracking the phone plastics.

This is just my opinion on the subject.

Upvote 0
i wrote Qcell the guys i bought the 3850 mah from.the reply i got

Hi **********

Thanks for your support in our product.

We are looking into manufacturers for the extended battery case. Hopefully it will be ready soon. I'll inform you once we do supply it.

Thank you
Stephen

--- Original message ---

hey i bought the QCell MetroPCS LG Connect 4G MS840 3850mAh Extended Battery + FREE Battery cover ,from you guys and i am very happy with the product ..Im writing in reguards to see if you guys could get a "Protective Cover" or Phone Bumper for this phone. If you go to the android Forums for this phone you'll see that there a need for one that would fit the phone with the extended battery on ,people who own the Lg Viper are going through the same thing .Just wanted to drop you a line to see if you could get that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones