• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone dialer issues

WhyMyAlly

Dec 31, 2010
This is crazy. Everything worked great for almost a week with velocity 1.1 and then all of a sudden this morning I lost 3g and it was stuck at 1x with no strength. Seemed like the app that runs the status bar froze so I rebooted which took care of that issue. Now an hour or so later I got a call and I noticed the speaker phone and mute buttons were shaded out and I couldn't hear or talk. The person called me back twice and the same thing. I made sure the in call volume was up and somehow I can't get the sound in call to work. It won't transmit or receive call voice. Nothing works in voice mail either. I cleared the caches. I'm going to wipe and reflash the rom until I hear back. Other than that everything else seems to work. I'm using data right now typing this thread out on the thing as we speak. Note that all other sounds work including notifications and media. This only applies to in call. Its really crippling having no way to talk to people but I'm sure its a minor glitch.

Its set at stock velocity 245 min 600 max with smartass governer. Could it be anything to do with the bootanimation. I did change it but I wouldn't understand why due to the fact its just a bunch of random images in a zip file. Should only run briefly while its starting up. I don't know if maybe it caught a virus from them. I either downloaded them from here or tthe xda place. I really like this rom and I know you guys just test it on nonactivated devices so you can't test the phone dialer app to its fullest. Now yesterday we had the phone plugged into the car stereo so it was working like a speaker phone. It was loaded with google maps navigation and pandora and right around 40% battery it restarted. Which I thought was usual for a custom rom to randomly restart. Esp if it was overloaded and battery running weak. Tonight I'm going to plug it back into the headphone jack to see if that makes a difference.
Do you need any logs or other info before I wipe. What controls the phone app and its dependencies so I might just be able to reload it or maybe they have a conf file I could send you to debug. thanks again for this awesome rom. Even if I can't make calls I can still use it as a wifi router

Upvote 0
Its set at stock velocity 245 min 600 max with smartass governer. Could it be anything to do with the bootanimation. I did change it but I wouldn't understand why due to the fact its just a bunch of random images in a zip file. Should only run briefly while its starting up. I don't know if maybe it caught a virus from them. I either downloaded them from here or tthe xda place. I really like this rom and I know you guys just test it on nonactivated devices so you can't test the phone dialer app to its fullest. Now yesterday we had the phone plugged into the car stereo so it was working like a speaker phone. It was loaded with google maps navigation and pandora and right around 40% battery it restarted. Which I thought was usual for a custom rom to randomly restart. Esp if it was overloaded and battery running weak. Tonight I'm going to plug it back into the headphone jack to see if that makes a difference.
Do you need any logs or other info before I wipe. What controls the phone app and its dependencies so I might just be able to reload it or maybe they have a conf file I could send you to debug. thanks again for this awesome rom. Even if I can't make calls I can still use it as a wifi router

you can download alogcat from the market and run it when you try to make a call, it can save it to your sdcard automatically. i coulnt help you look at it as thats beyond me however chances are somebody else on here would be willing to help with that.

if i were you i would wipe everything and reflash, try dialing *22899 to force the phone back to the network and see if the jack has anything to do with it. i use the jack in the car quite aften and sometimes itll get stuck as if there was headphones plugged in. if none of that works see if someone is willing to look through a logcat for you ar flash back stock and see if the problem persists. might be a busted mic.

Upvote 0
It might be in the switch in the jack or software doesn't know you've unplugged the cord during a crash and reset issue. I plugged the speakers inand then unplugged them and it wasn't fixed so I had to wire a cord into the stereo and listen to my voice mail. The cord wasn't all the way in and I started to hear the phone again. It works now maybe I could run the log and see what it does thanks. Then actually anything else is just pretty much nothing as this rom just runs smooth fast and efficient on the battery. I couldn't stand verizon junk. I had an old motorola evoke I had enough glitchy and crap software and even the devs rejected it as android was hitting the road. Nice job thanks again the funny thing is that phone I think had the same processor as the ally

Upvote 0
I wouldn't put it past them to make shitty components for this phone. They are just keeping the price down and I ended up with this phone for free after a 2yr renewal. This is actually the second phone I had to claim it on asurion because the rep at verizon didn't want to warranty it because of a small crack in the screen. This phone seems shittier than my last one sometimes the sdcard comes loose and freezes the phone up saying sdcard removed unexpectedly. That really plays hell on my apps2sd

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones