• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone getting very warm

jamala00

Android Enthusiast
I have had a few different times over the last couple weeks where I will be in a conf room at work where signal strength is hit\miss. My phone will be very warm to the touch and my battery will be just about dead. When I went into the conf room my batter was over 90%.. Hour later the phone is very warm and the battery is less then 30%... Never had this issue for the last 1.5 years I have had this phone.. Anyone have any idea?

Could be a bad battery but if your phone is searching for service it does drain a battery fairly quickly. If you have had the same battery that whole time I would try a diff or if you took to your carrier they should be able to test it out.

Could be a bad battery but if your phone is searching for service it does drain a battery fairly quickly. If you have had the same battery that whole time I would try a diff or if you took to your carrier they should be able to test it out.

Ya, it is the original battery, but I never have any issues with it getting that warm any other time. Or draining real quickly. I think it most likely is searching for service the entire time I am in the conf room causing the heat and battery drain. Just didn't think it would cause it to drain that fast and get that warm. We're talking an hour I was in the conf room last... Plus over the last 1.5 years I have owned this phone, I have been in that same conf room numerous times with no issues. I have another battery at home. Maybe I will order a new battery.

I would try a diff battery and see if that helps if it does the same then its something with the phone either searching for service or something on the phone itself causing it to drain like that.

There are a few areas at my work with little or no signal, and the battery does indeed die very quickly. Sometimes, it will get very warm, too, but not consistently. Ditto for charging.

There are a few areas at my work with little or no signal, and the battery does indeed die very quickly. Sometimes, it will get very warm, too, but not consistently. Ditto for charging.

Yep, that is exactly what I am experiencing. The only other thing I did recently with my phone is download the Yahoo Mail App. But like you IncredibleBlue, it is not consistent.

Back
Top Bottom