• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone is hacked

FYI I'm quite sure that wouldn't happen to a Galaxy S7 with Android 8 Oreo though. AFAIK Google removed the exploits with Android 6 or later, that allowed apps on their own to root a device, like the so-called "one click" rooting apps, e.g. KingRoot. In fact to root something like an S7, you need a computer to unlock the bootloader, install a custom recovery, etc. And US Snapdragon variant Samsungs can be especially difficult to root, sometimes impossible.

I can see your point but if your look again and read what I wrote, I did not say or even imply rooting S7 with an app. If so please provide the quote so I may retract it.
The fact is that Google open up your phone to apps that give them no permissions required is a open door ready to be exploited. Google is not as trustworthy as youmay think. There main agenda is profit and not your security. Insta apps is no using maps for advertising and tracking you to provide relevant buisnesses near by even if you turn off your location. The fact is evident Google fine for anti trust 5.1 million by the European Union. And recently in the us facinf federal investigation by the Department of justice. Forbes
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...ns-sweeping-antitrust-review-of-big-tech/amp/

FYI I'm quite sure that wouldn't happen to a Galaxy S7 with Android 8 Oreo though. AFAIK Google removed the exploits with Android 6 or later, that allowed apps on their own to root a device, like the so-called "one click" rooting apps, e.g. KingRoot. In fact to root something like an S7, you need a computer to unlock the bootloader, install a custom recovery, etc. And US Snapdragon variant Samsungs can be especially difficult to root, sometimes impossible.

Please don't implie Im say something that I am not, thank you. I do agree with what you speak of but it is put of context in regards to my statement. Thank you

Are you really telling everybody that there are no exploits on APIs Orio 8 and above?

But you stated and I quote.. "as you may know there are some apps that can root your phone, this is done threw an exploit of the security or lack of" ...and this thread is about the Samsung Galaxy S7. Which is impossible to root in this manner. I know because I have a Galaxy S7 with Android 8 Oreo myself, and have looked at the possibilities of rooting it.

There's plenty of apps that can steal user's private data. things like flashlight apps that have unnecessary permissions.

Last edited:
Are you really telling everybody that there are no exploits on APIs Orio 8 and above?

Yup, that's exactly what I'm stating. :) And in fact for the peeps that made things like KingRoot and other app only "one click" exploit rooting apps, their business very much ended with Android 6 and above. And they are actually discontinued and unsupported now.

Many devices can still be rooted with a computer, but that has to be done quite deliberately of course.

Last edited:
I am a rooted user, the app you speak of is not how I have gained root access. I use Odin to download official firmwares that have the correct bootloader and modem fot the custum rom that I will install.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-21-20-31-48.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-21-20-31-48.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 707
  • Screenshot_2019-08-21-23-51-01.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-21-23-51-01.png
    466.4 KB · Views: 649
  • Screenshot_2019-08-21-23-50-36.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-21-23-50-36.png
    501.4 KB · Views: 642
  • Screenshot_2019-08-21-23-50-40.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-21-23-50-40.png
    481 KB · Views: 656
  • Screenshot_2019-08-21-23-50-26.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-21-23-50-26.png
    462.2 KB · Views: 632
Why you would assume I would use an app to root? However, I have experience with much more than you know. Im not against you, we all have the right to beleive and think and choose.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-22-00-02-41.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-22-00-02-41.png
    462.9 KB · Views: 591
  • Screenshot_2019-08-22-00-02-16.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-22-00-02-16.png
    600.9 KB · Views: 720
  • Screenshot_2019-08-21-23-49-52.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-21-23-49-52.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 568
But you stated and I quote.. "as you may know there are some apps that can root your phone, this is done threw an exploit of the security or lack of" ...and this thread is about the Samsung Galaxy S7. Which is impossible to root in this manner. I know because I have a Galaxy S7 with Android 8 Oreo myself, and have looked at the possibilities of rooting it.

There's plenty of apps that can steal user's private data. things like flashlight apps that have unnecessary permissions.

Pehaps it is my fault as I can see your interpretation and sould have chosen better words to convay what I was thinking. I thank you for your input and welcome any insite you may have. In fact that is what is so great about this form. The exchang of knowledge. I will add some more info. Peace

Also the fact that we are talking about Samsung phones. If you have a U.S. version, good luck rooting it...... my note 4 can't be rooted. The only rootable sammies are ones that have exynos chips. So nope......these apps that claim they can root a sammy phones are not true at all.

Just wanted to add this bit of info to the conversation.

Also the fact that we are talking about Samsung phones. If you have a U.S. version, good luck rooting it...... my note 4 can't be rooted. The only rootable sammies are ones that have exynos chips. So nope......these apps that claim they can root a sammy phones are not true at all.

I hate to prove you wrong but I have a sprint note 4 US qualcom. Sm-n910p and I have full root and custum rom as well as an N7 custum kernel

Please look at the screen shot I posted above if you need proof

There are apps thst root the Note 4 depending on the varient

I can say that you have been hacked and it is through the internet or network. My phones, both of my brothers phones(plus several other ones they have), my daughters phone-and she is 800 miles away from us, plus 3 android tablets, 3 laptops, and 2 desktops have all been hacked! Not to mention my BMW through Bluetooth. I told my parents our conversations were being listened to and it was proven October 11 when they cut in on my parents phone and asked if we were done yet. It sounds sci-fi, spy movie stuff, but it is real. All android devices have been rooted and a factory reset does nothing, cache partition really does nothing and they made it where you can do nothing in boot mode. I have made it into the rooted system but they have it locked down as well. I could view certain files, like the git log. That one file showed where they started hacking my device on 3-22-17. But ramped up and made themselves really known on 9-5-19. They changed some of the security certificates and changed the operating system. Starting with an app that shows up in all androids, system ui. They even got a phone I haven't used in 5 years and did not go on the internet or my email on it. Was in settings only and somehow Wi-Fi was turned on but I never connected it. It does not even have a sim card. I have gotten 2 new phones since 9-14-19. The first one I didn't even get home with when they had gotten into it. 2 weeks later I got another one and it took a day and a half. I have been to 3 public libraries that their computers are also hacked, 2 of them I know came from a guy that had been hacked and used them. My parents were hacked over their magic jack talking to me. It does however seem to attach to Google, Facebook, and Microsoft products or apps. Everything on my devices are overlays. Whatever this malware is, its vicious. My directory tree is very different from my brothers. It seems they are being done by different people. I have found a few apps to look for are System UI, a 2nd Android Setup, Emergency information, Facebook App installer, Facebook App manager, Facebook Services, FM Radio service(did not come on my new phone), AASAservice, Page Buddy, com.codeaurora.FM recording(this is on ALL of our devices, old and new), DirectConnectManager,Email Storage, Email sync, Enterprise Sim Pin Service, epdg test app, filter installer, IMS service, interaction control, lwlan settings(on an android) KLMS Agent, MDMApp, MmsService, Nearby Service, OMACP, Passpoint Settings, added Phone apps, photo screensavers, popupui receiver, ringtone backup, root browser, root pa, RoseEUKor, Safety information, Screen mirroring, secure ui service, security storage, security log agent, settings storage(does settings need storage?), silent logging, smartcard service, software update(I have 2 now), SoundAlive, SysScope, TouchWiz Home(this was added about a year ago) wlan test, Wluc test. I know these to be because around 6 months ago I wrote down all the apps in my phone and in the last month I now have these as well. I just want to let people know there is some bad stuff going around and what to look for and I suggest checking your apps on a regular since they do it quietly at first. I had to disconnect my drivers seat on my car because they were moving it up and down and forward as I drove. Stay alert is all I can say!

You folks have lost your minds. Especially this guy that posted before me. 99% of what you posted to 'watch out for' are stock, OEM apps and services that come installed on the phone from the factory. TouchWiz Home is what operates your freaking phone. A few minutes on Google will prove that. Then again, you'll probably still only believe the things that support your conspiracy theory.

Most conspiracy theorists are like that, in my experience. Even with irrefutable proof, they still stick with their conspiracy, usually going deeper into the conspiracy by now using another crazy theory to explain away the irrefutable proof.

Put the computer duster down and quit vaping brake fluid. That crap kills brain cells and then you come up with conspiracies like what's posted in this thread.

Wow. Just wow. You shouldn't be allowed to spread disinformation like this.

Last edited:
You folks have lost your minds. Especially this guy that posted before me. 99% of what you posted to 'watch out for' are stock, OEM apps and services that come installed on the phone from the factory. TouchWiz Home is what operates your freaking phone. A few minutes on Google will prove that. Then again, you'll probably still only believe the things that support your conspiracy theory.

Most conspiracy theorists are like that, in my experience. Even with irrefutable proof, they still stick with their conspiracy, usually going deeper into the conspiracy by now using another crazy theory to explain away the irrefutable proof.

Put the computer duster down and quit vaping brake fluid. That crap kills brain cells and then you come up with conspiracies like what's posted in this thread.

Wow. Just wow. You shouldn't be allowed to spread disinformation like this.

No one denis that "stock, OEM apps and services...come installed on the phone from the factory" but thanks for in lighting us with.well mannered words of wisdom. Perhaps you wish to provide irrefutable pro other than the OEM firmware is prei-nstalled by the manufacturer and what exactly does that mean in your expert opinion? Thanks Mr.YOUREandIDIOT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom