• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone keeps rebooting after installing Paranoid ROM?

I followed the guide on this website to update my HTC One V to Android 4.2.1 :

www(dot)technikan(dot)com/how-to-update-htc-one-v-to-android-jelly-bean-4-2-1-paranoid-custom-rom

I did everything exactly as the website said but now my phone keeps rebooting!.If it is connected to the PC it keeps rebboting after the HTC logo and if it is not connected to PC it is simply stuck at the HTC logo screen -

s13(dot)postimage(dot)org/6hy5sfs2f/IMG_20120530_193934_1(dot)jpg

I am so paranoid,this is the first time i've tried rooting or flashing a ROM,is there any way to stop this?

Hey there and welcome to android forums

Did you make a nandroid backup before you did this process?

Could you post a fresh link so I can see the steps you took?

Your in a boot loop in other words, you could try going through this process as it could have been a bad flash.

Also, are you s-on or s-off?

Come to think of it, stuck at HTC screen, might have needed to flash the separate boot.img (kernel) via adb in boot loader.

Do you still have the rom zip file on your pc?

Moved into the one v all things root

Did you flash the boot.img that was contained in the rom? Put it in your fastboot folder/directory and use command fastboot flash boot boot.img

I'm not really familiar with your specific device but i think I have heard there is no s-off for your device which means you have to flash the boot.img separately.

Alternatively put the entire zipped rom on your sd card and use this fastboot command to boot recovery into the phones memory: fastboot boot recovery.img (recovery.img being the exact name of your recovery). This will allow you to flash the rom and kernel through recovery without having to flash boot.img separately.

Hey there and welcome to android forums

Did you make a nandroid backup before you did this process?

No i did not.

Could you post a fresh link so I can see the steps you took?

How To Update HTC One V To Android Jelly Bean 4.2.1 | Paranoid Custom Rom

Also, are you s-on or s-off?

S-On

Come to think of it, stuck at HTC screen, might have needed to flash the separate boot.img (kernel) via adb in boot loader.

Tried that,did not work.

Do you still have the rom zip file on your pc?

Yes

Did you flash the boot.img that was contained in the rom? Put it in your fastboot folder/directory and use command fastboot flash boot boot.img

Yes i did.Doesn't work.

Alternatively put the entire zipped rom on your sd card and use this fastboot command to boot recovery into the phones memory: fastboot boot recovery.img (recovery.img being the exact name of your recovery). This will allow you to flash the rom and kernel through recovery without having to flash boot.img separately.

I can't access the SD Card.

radio-3831. 19. 00. 120
Sounds like the updated the stock rom before you flashed it. Do the ruu back to stock and DO NOT UPDATE! then re-unlock the bootloader and then re-flash the recovery. after that flash the rom you want and then flash boot.img from the rom. I did that after i had constant boot loops. now my phone is perfect!

Back
Top Bottom