• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone keeps wanting to encrypt/can't clear credentials

So I've run into a bit of a situation where I can't disable Password from the lock screen. Before anyone asks, let me confirm what you may already be thinking and say I indeed added a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync email to my phone. I allow the certificate, granted access as an admin, etc.

It then prompted me to make a password for phone (which I did) and encrypt my phone (didn't give me the option to since my battery level was below 80%). In any event, I deleted the email, have it removed from device administrators, and I still have no option to set the lock screen as anything other than 'Password'.

Upon doing research, a lot of solutions have been to "clear credentials". Only problem is when I confirm the removal of the credentials, they are all still listed under Trusted credentials > System.

Bah, this sucks.
 
Try setting it back up again (completely) and removing it after that.
The email? Yeah, I did that. Set it back up and removed it from device admins.

Forgot to mention: upon restarting my phone now, the first thing it automatically goes to is "encryption settings".
 
Unfortunately, that's all I've got short of doing a factory reset. Perhaps someone else with more knowledge of the situation will chime in.
 
Unfortunately, that's all I've got short of doing a factory reset. Perhaps someone else with more knowledge of the situation will chime in.
Yeah, that just may be what I have to do. Won't be too big of a headache since the phone is pretty new. Appreciate your input, though.
 
Back
Top Bottom