• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone stuck in fastboot?

Cryawn

Lurker
Feb 12, 2015
So I'm using my Galaxy Nexus. I tried to update Cyanogenmod 11, as it was doing so, it rebooted, and left me in clockwork recovery. Long story short, I can't get in to recovery, but I can get in to ODIN mode. Can someone enlighten me with how I can repair my phone through ODIN? I haven't used it before, so I'm going to need a complete guide

Odin mode require specific factory images designed for that protocol rather than the ones by Google mean to be flashed through fastboot. I'm not sure many images for the Gnex designed for Odin were out there. I remember there being a 4.0.2 image for the Verizon version, but I don't recall any others. You can get into Odin, but not fastboot?

Upvote 0
Odin mode require specific factory images designed for that protocol rather than the ones by Google mean to be flashed through fastboot. I'm not sure many images for the Gnex designed for Odin were out there. I remember there being a 4.0.2 image for the Verizon version, but I don't recall any others. You can get into Odin, but not fastboot?

I can get in to both Odin and Fastboot. Sorry for the misleading title, I discovered I can get in to Odin mode halfway through typing this.

Let me rephrase--

my phone has no ROM or a recovery. It goes in to fastboot when I boot it, giving me the "No bootable files" or blah blah blah at the bottom. I can get in to Odin mode, so my plan is to flash CWM recovery to it, and possibly get Cyanogenmod on there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones