• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Picture Quality

Swagg422

Was just wondering if anybody else was noticing a picture quality difference between stock and cm10? I recently imported some photos from and old sd card and for some reason the pictures look alot better than the ones I've been taking lately.

ones my wife has been taking look fine, tho not compared between stock and CM. Typically lighting plays the biggest part in image quality on phones. ;)

The stock camera was literally the best part of stock, the CM camera isn't as extensive in features and picture taking but it gets the job done. But you're right, the stock camera takes much better pictures then CM camera hands down.

Stock does take better pics. Hands down

Im using Focal. Its the same quality as the cm10 camera but I like the layout

The camera isn't a deal breaker for me on cm10. Cyanogenmod is an awesome rom

Ok Atleast I know I'm not crazy now lol. I re-download Camera JB+ today gonna test if it makes a difference.

Secondary question what camera app does everybody use besides stock and the cm camera?

Also dud anybody ever figure out how to get the jb/cm10 camera to save externally?

might be, or 4.2+, think its suppose to work on stock now that its stand-alone on the store.

Installed focal beta on my stock L9 from the play store. Haven't tried it on my old motion yet but when I had the motion it wasn't available on gplay.. Had to get it off the net.

It's doesn't look great on the motion at all. A little bit worse than the stock. But that could be because I haven't tweaked all the settings properly.

Also in a side note I think the reason the photos on stick ICS are better is due to the fact that it recognized lighting settings alot better.

So I was editing my build prop today and came across some info on camera pic quality and things if that nature.

Does anyone have a copy of the stock build prop up edited and a copy if the stock media profiles xml (located in system/ect?

So I was editing my build prop today and came across some info on camera pic quality and things if that nature.

Does anyone have a copy of the stock build prop up edited and a copy if the stock media profiles xml (located in system/ect?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai6j57ixo62w0gm/media_profiles.xml

https://www.dropbox.com/s/larf9gllnai9cdh/build.prop.old

Those "should" be stock, f firmware. Only thing I had on my motion that might have possibly wanted to alter those was MX player (since you need to get the ARMv7 NEON codec with it). I think that was it though

Back
Top Bottom