• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picture Transfers via USB

82nd Airborne

Well-Known Member
Has anyone figured a way to transfer pictures (or any media for that matter) from their DNA to their computer via USB without having to install HTC Sync Manager?. With my Thunderbolt I could just plug in the USB from my macbook, open up iPhoto and iPhoto would recognize my phone as a storage unit an auto ask me to import. Now all I get is HTC trying to make it mandatory that I use their software to do this simple task.
 
After plugging in the phone it's internal storeage should appear as a folder on your Mac desktop. You should be able to manually transfer the files using this folder....
 
After plugging in the phone it's internal storeage should appear as a folder on your Mac desktop. You should be able to manually transfer the files using this folder....

Yes, exactly, but it does not. Does this happen for you?... and are you on a Mac?
 
I'm on a mac and had the same problem. You can use Android File Transfer:
Android.com

But...I've grown to like the HTC Sync manager, this is what I do, from another thread I started on this topic which nobody else responded to:

Ok, finally figured out how to get pictures from my phone to my computer through the usb. It involved downloading the HTC Sync Manager to my computer, and then syncing the gallery. (It took several steps which I don't remember) It grabbed all the pics from the DNA except the screenshots. I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures out of the HTC Sync Manager for sharing and editing but I found them in my Macbook's finder under "Pictures". I had to go through a lot of sub menus to get to "100 media" which is where all the pics are. I created an alias of this folder and put it on my desktop for easy access. Whew. I'm guessing a lot of people will have trouble with this.

Zenman
 
I tried AirDroid on my DINC and found it to be much, much slower than usb transfers and pretty glitchy. Maybe it's much better on the DNA but I'll repeat my recommendation for Android File Transfer, or learning to like the HTC Sync.
 
When I plug my DNA in to USB I get the following in Windows Explorer:

Capture1.JPG


I just copy the picture files or music files manually....
 
I find this tool, which is free, cyberlink photo director, has the best import tool for my DNA.

search for it and free, and you'll find a link on cnet for it for free.
 
Back
Top Bottom