• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pixel lock screen

Trom

Android Enthusiast
I recently purchased a pixel 6 which I quite like, although there is one thing that I just can't figure out: When I wake up the phone, the lock screen displays the date, time, and current weather conditions .. With the temperature shown in celsius. I simply cannot find where I can change the u/m, perhaps one of you have been down this path?

I recently purchased a pixel 6 which I quite like, although there is one thing that I just can't figure out: When I wake up the phone, the lock screen displays the date, time, and current weather conditions .. With the temperature shown in celsius. I simply cannot find where I can change the u/m, perhaps one of you have been down this path?

So on my Pixel 5, I click on the weather widget on the home screen. Then hit the menu in the upper left corner and there is an option to choose between fahrenheit and Celsius.

Kind of strange behavior, doing that was one of the first things I thought of .. I'd almost immediately swapped out launchers, and didn't have the weather widget on the home screen, but tapping on the weather from the lock screen will launch the weather widget once I pass by the lock screen. It was set to Fahrenheit, and I even changed it to Celsius, went to lock and back, then changed it back to Fahrenheit thinking it may re-read the cache or something, but that didn't work, either. So in the settings, I found an option for Google Assistant > weather, which was also set to Fahrenheit. I changed that to Celsius to cycle through what I'd done before, but oddly, now the lock screen says Fahrenheit while the u/m in Google Assistant > weather says Celsius. When I change it back to Fahrenheit, it still says Fahrenheit. Weird crap, but we're good to go, right? Nope, now, even though it uses the defined u/m, it's stuck on 50 degrees. Even if I change back to the Pixel launcher, the widget on the home screen says 50 degrees, but if I tap on it to open it up, it'll give me the correct temp. Quite baffling.

Are you sure that there isn't something set incorrectly in your custom launcher settings somewhere?

Just an odd problem and besides the widget and Google settings, I can't think of anywhere else to look at the moment other than maybe something in the custom launcher.

Back
Top Bottom