• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Playing with AVD ICS

Prime85

Android Expert
i was playing around with ICS in AVD and i am glad to see that with ICS we dont have to have those soft keys on the bottom of the screen since that would just take up space on the screen that we dont have. Galaxy nexus screen was made bigger to accommodate those softkeys as well as get a true HD ratio with the 720p screen.

I also love the new folders. its about time android built this in instead of having to use third party apps

yea those soft keys are more for tablets than phones.

I'm waiting patiently for the CM team to get their repo to a buildable state ;)

You need to download and install the Android SDK. Then download and install the SDK components for it. (IE Android firmware versions) Then once that is done you can run the AVD (Android Virtual Device) thats in the SDK program. Its mainly used for development purposes but you can play on it too.

You can find everything you need and how to install it all here: Android SDK | Android Developers

You need to download and install the Android SDK. Then download and install the SDK components for it. (IE Android firmware versions) Then once that is done you can run the AVD (Android Virtual Device) thats in the SDK program. Its mainly used for development purposes but you can play on it too.

You can find everything you need and how to install it all here: Android SDK | Android Developers

^+1

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I already had the SDK installed so that's done. :P
I'll give it a shot. Thanks again!

Hey I have a problem, rather I'm getting an error. I created a valid android virtual device and when I start it emulator-arm.exe crashes/stops working. Everything under Android 4.0 is installed, do I need to have Google APIs for other versions too if I'm only creating a 4.0 AVD?

Back
Top Bottom