• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

please delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kies is a piece of software you get from Samsung for ur pc, You can use it for backing up ur contacts, messages, photos, podcasts and vids. You can check out new samsung apps and also check for new updates. you can connect wireless to kies via wifi or have wired connection.
you really need to check it out your self to see if you think its better.
Also you dont NEED to use it but i personally think its better way to update but thats just me.
google Kies, let me know what you think.

Upvote 0
Kies is a piece of software you get from Samsung for ur pc, You can use it for backing up ur contacts, messages, photos, podcasts and vids. You can check out new samsung apps and also check for new updates. you can connect wireless to kies via wifi or have wired connection.
you really need to check it out your self to see if you think its better.
Also you dont NEED to use it but i personally think its better way to update but thats just me.
google Kies, let me know what you think.

I currently have my settings for not to auto update, so I imagine that I will only see the update to JB if I manually check for software updates or that I receive a notification bar notice for it.

Regarding Kies, well I clicked on it in Networks and settings, and I take it that nothing happened because of 2 reasons, one being that no update is available, and the second being that I don't have my PC connected to the phone, I do see it refreshing with my Wi-Fi connection when I touch Kies connect, but like I say after it refreshes nothing else happens and all I see is a monitor screen in the middle of the screen.

So are you saying that say for instance JB was available for me, and I were to click on Kies would it therefore update with Kies?

Finally am I right in saying that there isn't actually an app icon for this Kies, and the only way to action it is to go to Networks and settings?

Upvote 0
This thread gets weirder every day! Why has the title changed to 'please delete thread'?

I doubt anyone needs to be told the second there's an update available. Either set your phone to notify youin Settings, plug in to Kies occasionally or look at this forum - I'm sure somone will tell the forum if they find the official update is out!

Also, it's a bit annoying when this thread pops to the top of the forum when there's no news on an update. I am fully aware this is what I've just done, ha. Sorry.

Upvote 0
@PM
Yes to the first bit.
Im starting to get confused.
Install Kies to ur pc, connect via usb cable and most if not all of your questions will be answered.
No kies on ur phone just on ur pc.
Thora has a point, If u still got questions after playing with Kies start another thread friend.
@Thora
reason for name change, u really need to ask thread starter.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones